Unraveling of cigars

earthdog

Young Chimp
Alot of my cigars are unraveling towards the end. My good cigars like my
Montiecristo's, fuente's and other good ones. Is there anything that can be done about this problem (other than not cutting them or smoking them)?
My smokes are in the humi at 67%/70 degrees.
Here is what I mean:
IMG_1636.jpg

hmmm...I was hoping you would say "analog" so I could tell you to go get a digital one. Looks like this might be harder than I thought.

If I had to guess it looks like the relative humidity of the room or area that you are smoking these cigars in is very low causing the wrapper to dry out and shrink quickly while the binder and filler are drying at a slower rate. You might try dry boxing for a day or so before smoking the next one. Just a thought. :)

No need to apologize. :tu

Essentially it would involve placing your cigar selection(s) you plan on smoking in the next few day or so into a lower humidity (60%) box, allowing them to sit and adjust to a lower RH for 3-4 days.

If you search thread titles using the word "boxing" you will find some great information.

No need to apologize. :tu

Essentially it would involve placing your cigar selection(s) you plan on smoking in the next few day or so into a lower humidity (60%) box, allowing them to sit and adjust to a lower RH for 3-4 days.

If you search thread titles using the word "boxing" you will find some great information.

Spot on - my thoughts exactly

Some of mine do some dont. I just write it off to drawing heat through for so long, it may just happen.

The only ones that do that to me are cameroon wrapped cigars. Cameroon leaf is very thin and fragile and they will dry out quickly and flake on a dry day.

I find this to happen more in the winter months and like ncradioman mentioned, it tends to be the Cameroons more than any other wrapper.

It's happened to me a few times with fuente's. Usually it's when i try and take of the bands, the glue they use is like liquid nails. Which leads to a little piece of wrapper coming off which ends up starting the problem. :2

It's happened to me a few times with fuente's. Usually it's when i try and take of the bands, the glue they use is like liquid nails. Which leads to a little piece of wrapper coming off which ends up starting the problem. :2

thats what I was thinking and thats where i hold my cigars so when it starts to unravel, my fingers make it worse

Back