USPS rate Hike starting May 14th!

SUOrangeGuy

Alpha Silverback
I went to the post office today to send out a package and I found out that they're raising their rates again. Starting May 14th Priority Mail packages up to a pound will cost 4.60. PM Flat rate will be 9.15. First class stamps will be $0.41. These are not the only increases but they are the big three that I use.

Is it just me or is it ridiculous to raise rates again after they just did it in January?

What I don't like is when they up the stamp price by .02,
I end up using TWO of my old .39 cent stamps
which ends up costing .78 per letter.
:c

I went to the post office today to send out a package and I found out that they're raising their rates again. Starting May 14th Priority Mail packages up to a pound will cost 4.60. PM Flat rate will be 9.15. First class stamps will be $0.41. These are not the only increases but they are the big three that I use.

Is it just me or is it ridiculous to raise rates again after they just did it in January?

You can buy First Class stamps and they always have the value of whatever the price you are buying for. First Class priority, First Class flat rate etc etc.

It is a way the USPS offer 'futures' on their stamp pricing if you buy in bulk and buy ahead of time. Puts money in their pocket early.

You guys are complaining that a first class letter costs .41 to send from the east coast to the west coast? And it gets there in under a week in most cases!

Try sending your letter with another shipping service and see how much it costs!

Stop whining, its a great service that is cheap as helll.

And the priority service is still cheaper than Fed-ex, UPS, and DHL.

Just an FYI ...the Postal Rate Commission has just announced that they have decided to lower the Flat Rate Box price to $8.95

It is only going to get worse.
With electronic bill payments, competition for packages, overnight mail by FedEx, Airborne, etc. that is now so commonly used by all, they are losing revenue and the only way to make it up is by jacking up the rates regularly.
Their way of keeping all calm is the "forever" stamp.
Forever until you run out of them and have to buy them at the new price.:r

You guys are complaining that a first class letter costs .41 to send from the east coast to the west coast? And it gets there in under a week in most cases!

Try sending your letter with another shipping service and see how much it costs!

Stop whining, its a great service that is cheap as helll.

And the priority service is still cheaper than Fed-ex, UPS, and DHL.

:tpd:

Back