USPS tracking.....

Costa

Cohibo Aficionado
.....sucks. It will show Electronic Shipping Info Received and that's it until it hits your door, no delivery dates or anything.

Venting, thank you.

.....sucks. It will show Electronic Shipping Info Received and that's it until it hits your door, no delivery dates or anything.

Venting, thank you.

That sounds like the Delivery Confirmation option. If the person at the post office doesn't scan the package in, it will just say that the Shipping Info was received. You still won't get detailed tracking info like FedEx or UPS. Delivery Confirmation is just that. It's cheaper than other options, and it's better than nothing.

USPS always has sucked the big one. :hn I love how they tell you your package has been delivered a day after it has been delivered. I wish they would offer a real tracking option.

Yeah unless the DC is scanned its no good...or if you use the Automated Shipping Machine and not get the DC through it.

Shawn

I've just started using USPS. I used to use UPS. The reason I switched is because when sending cigars coast to coast, 7 days is too long. And USPS provides free boxes which is usually 30% of the expense.

That said, USPS tracking is terrible. There tracking should be real time. There is no excuse for having nightly updates.

For it to be a government ran entity it's actually not that bad. Beats the heck out of the DMV!:ss

In most cases I still choose usps over ups since it usually takes half the time to arrive, tracking issues aside.

A Delivery Confirmation is just that-notification that the package has reached its destination. If you want something trackable send it registered-that is scanned everywhere it goes-cost a bundle, but if you need to know where your package is every hour of the day, then that is worth the cost.

What do you want for .65???

A Delivery Confirmation is just that-notification that the package has reached its destination. If you want something trackable send it registered-that is scanned everywhere it goes-cost a bundle, but if you need to know where your package is every hour of the day, then that is worth the cost.

DC is not tracking.....come on guys what do you expect for .65..or if you click-n-ship free???

Shawn

:tpd::tpd: You are getting EXACTLY what you have paid(or received free via ClickNShip) DELIVERY CONFIRMATION IS NOT TRACKING. You want tracking pay for it! When sending a package from coast to coast via UPS with tracking you can track to your hearts content as you wait the week to 10 days for ground delivery. :dr

:tpd::tpd: You want tracking pay for it! When sending a package from coast to coast via UPS with tracking you can track to your hearts content as you wait the week to 10 days for ground delivery. :dr

Exactly, DC is really only needed if there is an issue with the recepient. Other than that USPS is fast and usually don't need to worry.

DC isn't tracking, but they do offer that evening update which at least let's you know if it's heading in the right direction. That said, I would like to see that system improved and I'd be surprised if they weren't working on that already.

I don't see is as $.65. I see it as $4.80. That adds up to a lot of money. I've given them $50 myself this month. More if you count incoming.

As a government agency, USPS is absolutely amazing. To keep up with private shippers through the Internet/E-bay boom, and in many cases outperform them is not only impressive, but pretty extraordinary.

Back