USPS

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Ok, maybe not a real Acessory", but how would we bomb with out it????

A few have asked in the past few days about printing shipping labels without paying online. This is the "new" page for such type items:

USPS

Great resource.

My question is this about their DC#s...if the package isn't scanned by the PO when they receive it, the DC is useless. So, if you print a label and leave it in your mailbox for pickup cause you can't get the PO to drop off, it'll never get scanned. What's the point of the DC# then?!?!?

Great resource.

My question is this about their DC#s...if the package isn't scanned by the PO when they receive it, the DC is useless. So, if you print a label and leave it in your mailbox for pickup cause you can't get the PO to drop off, it'll never get scanned. What's the point of the DC# then?!?!?

It's a delivery confirmation - not a shipping confirmation or tracking method.

Does anyone have any experience with this program?

What advantage is there using this over the online site?

Is DC free with the program?

Is there a way to get billed once a day, week or session for postage?

One thing that drives me nuts doing it online is printing 6 labels and getting 6 charges on the CC.

Chas

Does anyone have any experience with this program?

What advantage is there using this over the online site?

Is DC free with the program?

Is there a way to get billed once a day, week or session for postage?

One thing that drives me nuts doing it online is printing 6 labels and getting 6 charges on the CC.

Chas

You can do a "batch" print, but I've never tried it.

You can do a "batch" print, but I've never tried it.

I did once and 2 of the 4 were screwed up so I had to do it again. The way the PO "captures" your debit card (checking account) it ended up charging my account for 8 labels. 4 rolled off after 48 hours uncharged and it was no big deal, just freaked me out a little for a day while I dreaded the thought of who to call to get it fixed if all 8 went through.

Chas

Back