V-cut cutter?

skyhigh340

ChestBeater
Anybody know where you can get a decent v-cut cutter. I would like to pick up a nice one. All I can find is the 3.99 plastic ones.:confused:

Look for a Donatus Solingen V-Cutter. They use great steel and they have been making cutters for a long time. They are made in Europe of German Solingen steel (best pocket knife blades). I have one of the smaller ones that someone sold me off of CS but the bigger ones work much better. The Briar Shoppe in Houston has one for sale (not sure how much) and it has a box tool on the other end (to take the nail out of new boxes). The only other GOOD one that I have used is a tabletop model that looks like a small piston (all aluminum). DukeCityCigars.com has one of them for sale and one in the shop and they work very well too.

scottie

Look for a Donatus Solingen V-Cutter. They use great steel and they have been making cutters for a long time. They are made in Europe of German Solingen steel (best pocket knife blades). I have one of the smaller ones that someone sold me off of CS but the bigger ones work much better. The Briar Shoppe in Houston has one for sale (not sure how much) and it has a box tool on the other end (to take the nail out of new boxes). The only other GOOD one that I have used is a tabletop model that looks like a small piston (all aluminum). DukeCityCigars.com has one of them for sale and one in the shop and they work very well too.

scottie

Thanks for that information also.

I bought a v cutter made in wolfertz solingen germany for 10$ at my local b&m. It says wolf solingen germany embossed on the side. It's a fantastic cutter. The v is reversed from most. Ballistic type plastic body. Great snick sound when it closes. Very solid feeling. They are distributed in the us by xikar. I haven't been able to find them online anywhere. All I know is it works great and feels really solid compared to the 3$ ones.

I have noticed that some of the knife shops usually have several antique ones (along with old straight razors and such), good looking metal german 1920's type of cutters, and they are oten v notch, for pretty reasonable prices (less than $20). The only thing I did not like is that the fashion during that time was for the cutter to not have loop handles, they were basically like a matchbox, little rectangular prisms that you pried open, then shut.

Back