Vector and Z-Plus insert for Zippo 1941 Replica

tfar

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I have searched this forum and the net for it. Couldn't find any information. I know the Vector soft flame insert and the Z-Plus torch insert will just drop right into an ordinary Zippo. I also know they will not work with the slim line model. But what about the 1941 Replica model?

I suppose it should work because I am pretty sure Zippo uses the same insert in both models, so it should just drop in. However, in the only feedback I found on this, one guy said his 1941 lighter did not close as well with the insert.

Who has tried it?

Thanks,

Till

I dont know about the 1941, but the Blazer Z-Plus took Alot of work to get it to fire properly. Get one first and get used to it before you depend on it. I found mine at Famous Smokes for 9.95.

no idea about the 1941 but i have a z-plus insert and it works great and sounds just like the original....

I dont know about the 1941, but the Blazer Z-Plus took Alot of work to get it to fire properly. Get one first and get used to it before you depend on it. I found mine at Famous Smokes for 9.95.

Mine had the same issue for about 5-10 minutes. After that it has worked great for me and I love having a zippo to light my cigars, even if it is a z-plus. :tu

no idea about the 1941 but i have a z-plus insert and it works great and sounds just like the original....

Thanks for the answers to all of you. Shaggy, what do you mean by 'sounds just like the original'? Do you mean the torch flame sounds like the soft flame? How would that be possible? Or do you mean the opening mechanism sounds like the original one? I suppose the latter.

I am asking because I think I would enjoy a high-end Zippo, something like a Sterling Silver 1941 Replica. But, of course, I wouldn't want to light my cigars with a gas lighter. So I figured I get the Blazer or Vector insert. Question is if it fits.

Perhaps someone has both an original Zippo and a 1941 model and can tell me if they use the same gas insert, which I suppose. In that case, by extension, it seems likely that the Blazer and Vector insert would fit also into the 1941 model.

There is no local BM store to try this out or I would have already done it.

Till

Mine had the same issue for about 5-10 minutes. After that it has worked great for me and I love having a zippo to light my cigars, even if it is a z-plus. :tu
It took me two hours to get them working. I got 2. Now there doesnt seem to be a problem, and you`re right Zippo`s are cool!!:tu

What was it that didn't work? Were they clogged? Air bubble? Why did it take so long?

Till

I am asking because I think I would enjoy a high-end Zippo, something like a Sterling Silver 1941 Replica. But, of course, I wouldn't want to light my cigars with a gas lighter. So I figured I get the Blazer or Vector insert. Question is if it fits.

Have you checked out the Zippo Blu line? I know its not nostalgiac like what you're trying to do, but it is a butane torch lighter from zippo. Heck in 40 or 50 years it'l be a vintage lighter :r

Good point about the Blu being a vintage lighter in 40 years. Who knows if I'll still be around then, he, he. Better stop any unhealthy activity like smoking altogether.

I saw the Blu and liked the principle. But upon further research I saw the insert(s) and the 1941 model and liked that even better. After all, I really do not NEED yet another lighter. If I wanted to use them all at the same time, I'd be in the Cirque du Solieil with a really famous number. LOL.

Till

What was it that didn't work? Were they clogged? Air bubble? Why did it take so long?

Till

My guess would be air bubble in the insert that took awhile for the gas to get through. After clicking on it for awhile they seem to work great!:tu

Back