Vega Talaga 'Corojo' Series Rojo Blend

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
In 2003 Vega Talanga added the 'Corojo'(If someone has modern defintion for corojo, let me know) line with 4 different blends that were all made up of Hond. and Nic tobaccos. The Rojo line has a red band, and the Oscuro line has a black band, both use sun grown wrappers from Honduras. The Azul has a blue band, and the Blanco has a white band, and these cigars use shade grown wrappers.

Of the 4 I have smoked the the Rojo in a 7x48 Churchill and a 6x52 Toro, and the Oscuro in a 6.5x42 Corona. Although I doubt any would win a beauty contest, I found a three cigars to be very well constructed and I have no problems with the burn rate or the condition of the cigar in general. Although there was no one particular flavor that I would say dominated this cigar, there were flavors of cedar, spice, and coffee in the Oscuro. All had a slightly sweet, spicy finish that I was still tasting 30 min. after I had finished the smoke.

To sum up, of the 'blends' I have tried, they are an excellent low to medium priced cigar that have staked out a permanent place in my overflowing humi.
I think one of more popular review sites showed an average price of 3.00, but they can be had for much less on the Devil Site.:2 Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back