Vegas 'A' woes?

Silound

Swamp Gorilla
Is it just me, or is the QC on these getting worse (I speculate a surge in demand in the last year or so)? For almost the last two years I've bought them by the box, bundle, and fiver from the devil site as a good go-to stick, and I've never had a complaint about them.

Now as of lately, the past dozen or so orders I've placed over the last few months, I've been getting a lot of crap. Plugged ones, loose ones, stemmy ones, beetle infested ones, poorly wrapped, poorly rolled, I do mean I've run the gamut on possible problems. Perhaps one in the last 10 I've smoked have been smokable, the rest were tossed after a quarter to half stick for various reasons.

I've tried different storage conditions, I've tried letting them rest for a month or two to recover from travel, but they flat out aren't good sticks.

I won't even bother griping about how they've tasted lately. Thank god I have a dozen older ones I'd been saving! Back to L-500's for my go-to I guess.

Im with you. I had one PIF'd to me recently,and got really really excited, because i liked most of the other 5 vegas lineup.

Well, i let this one up and it was retardely loose. I mean, i felt like i was just breathing. The smoke was way to spicy for my liking, however the tabacco in my mouth (i chew the tip while i smoke), was surprisingly really good.

The gentleman that PIF'd it to me said it had been aging for approximatly 4 months. I dont even wanna think what this stick would taste like new.

2 thumbs down

P.S. When you smoke these, do they smoke like crazy? Mine tonight was like a wildfire, however it wouldn't stay lit unless i continuosly puffed on it.

Mine are always great. I really love these. Mine light well, burn well, and I can ash them to the band. Never a problem. HMMMMMMMM?

Wow,
I thought mine were questionable just because I got them on C-bid in a 5-er. I got the others (good ones) I had from CI about two months ago and they were awsome!!

However, the 5-er I got from C-bid was blotchy in color, seemed overly dried out and started out pretty crappy. They did get much better after the first 1/4 inch or so though...:tpd:

I'm wondering if the C-bid stuff is left-over seconds in this line and the big retailers might get the "pick of the litter" :BS

I haven't noticed any problems with them. I really like this line, and haven't noticed any quality issues.

Wow,
I thought mine were questionable just because I got them on C-bid in a 5-er. I got the others (good ones) I had from CI about two months ago and they were awsome!!

However, the 5-er I got from C-bid was blotchy in color, seemed overly dried out and started out pretty crappy. They did get much better after the first 1/4 inch or so though...:tpd:

I'm wondering if the C-bid stuff is left-over seconds in this line and the big retailers might get the "pick of the litter" :BS

All of the many As I have smoked were from CBid and all were in excellent condition. I haven't ordered any As in the last six months or so, but I have very good luck with the quality of all of my "winnings" over the years.

CI/CBid are now under new (Swedish) ownership so it is possible things have gone downhill recently.

I've never had a problem with them. They have always been a solid stick. I guess I have something to look for next time I pick some up! Thanks for the heads up!:tu

Sorry you are having a such a problem with them as of late.

Shawn

I have not had one problem with any of my 'A's!!! I hope you are not jinksing me! All mine come from Cbid unless I get them in a bomb or trade! Never a problem!

Now I have to go check my cooler!!!

I haven't had any problems with mine. I give them at least 3 months rest before smokeing them, though. I've never had wrapper problems for a loose roll in mine.

MCS

I've gone through a few boxes of these over the last few years and never had any problems..

I hope this isn't a sign of thngs to come.. The Vegas 'A' is a go-to smoke for me.

I have Archetype, Artisan, Anomoly and one Apex on hand. All have been in my cooler for one year at 65%. The Arechtypes all seem to have tighter draws than the other styles. The Artisans smoke great. The other three styles have had a bit of a cracking wrapper problem but they still taste pretty good.

WyoBob

ive found that the more age with these the better, but thats just me. new out of the box ive noticed em being loose and one sided but after a year they are better dunno

Back