Vegas Cubanas

Stogmeister

Maturing Primate
Ordered a 5 pack of Vegas Cubanas (Imperiales) from Cigar King. 3 of them came in with cracks near the end. I just ordered them to give 'em a try so I'm not really worried, but wonder if anyone else has had any similar problems and what causes it, and if I should bother whining to the vendor?
Thanks for the advice.

Stogmeister said:
Ordered a 5 pack of Vegas Cubanas (Imperiales) from Cigar King. 3 of them came in with cracks near the end. I just ordered them to give 'em a try so I'm not really worried, but wonder if anyone else has had any similar problems and what causes it, and if I should bother whining to the vendor?
Thanks for the advice.

Bummer man. I find that the words cuban or pilot seed are to avoided at all cost when purchasing NC's. The reason being they are so obviously targeting the new smoker. I know because I fell for these once. Obviously it works. That's why they keep doing it. Never forget my Cuban Cafe rat rockets from Perdomo.

Sorry to hear about that bro, for beginner sticks that alot of guys recommend (may not be beginners, but you will soon love them) try the Famous 3000's or any Padron/Padron Anni. Great smokes there, good luck brother!

Looks to me like rough handling when re-packed into fivers. I've always had good service from Cigar King and I bet they'd like to hear about any quality control issues.

colgate said:
Bummer man. I find that the words cuban or pilot seed are to avoided at all cost when purchasing NC's. The reason being they are so obviously targeting the new smoker. I know because I fell for these once. Obviously it works. That's why they keep doing it. Never forget my Cuban Cafe rat rockets from Perdomo.

Well it wasn't really the "Cuban" part of the cigar description that interested me, I just wanted to try a Pepin cigar and these were in stock and reasonably priced.

Mbraud4 said:
Sorry to hear about that bro, for beginner sticks that alot of guys recommend (may not be beginners, but you will soon love them) try the Famous 3000's or any Padron/Padron Anni. Great smokes there, good luck brother!

Good post. I guess I shoulda offered some ideas instead of just bashing the choice. Yeah Padrons and such are great. If you want to get close to Cuba try out any of the following. They tend to be more boutique in that they trend toward the sweet Juan Lopez end of the spectrum. Think floral and immaculate construction. Paper thin wrapper leaves as close to the ISOM ideal as you'll find.

AVO Domaine (these are great. the limited editions seem like they are too earthy but these Domaines are great in all sizes. I had a torpedo the other day and it was on.)

Zino Platinum Sceptre Series (any size)

Diamond Crown Maximus (okay these are full flavored not floral. best of the leaf with the classic Fuentes profile) There's a special that looks pretty good in the retailers section.

For a decent PC I found the Graycliff Crystal Taco worthwhile

These aren't cheap but then again nothing good is. If you spend wisely and don't go for the cheaper volume goods, I think you'll be happier.

colgate said:
Good post. I guess I shoulda offered some ideas instead of just bashing the choice. Yeah Padrons and such are great. If you want to get close to Cuba try out any of the following. They tend to be more boutique in that they trend toward the sweet Juan Lopez end of the spectrum. Think floral and immaculate construction. Paper thin wrapper leaves as close to the ISOM ideal as you'll find.

AVO Domaine (these are great. the limited editions seem like they are too earthy but these Domaines are great in all sizes. I had a torpedo the other day and it was on.)

Zino Platinum Sceptre Series (any size)

Diamond Crown Maximus (okay these are full flavored not floral. best of the leaf with the classic Fuentes profile) There's a special that looks pretty good in the retailers section.

For a decent PC I found the Graycliff Crystal Taco worthwhile

These aren't cheap but then again nothing good is. If you spend wisely and don't go for the cheaper volume goods, I think you'll be happier.

I've been wanting to get some Padron's, but I'll be sure and put the Famous Nic 3000 torp mads and those mentioned above on my list as well. I think I've got a buddy who I've been educating a bit (no laughing) who seems to have surplus cash to split a box or 10 with! Mental note, 40 ct humidor = terrible mistake...need coolerdor.

Stogmeister said:
I've been wanting to get some Padron's, but I'll be sure and put the Famous Nic 3000 torp mads and those mentioned above on my list as well. I think I've got a buddy who I've been educating a bit (no laughing) who seems to have surplus cash to split a box or 10 with! Mental note, 40 ct humidor = terrible mistake...need coolerdor.

Everyone here has a 40 ct humidor sitting somewhere doing nothing. It's part of the process :).

Back