Vegas de Fonseca Sobrino

jgros001

Alpha Silverback
Size: 5 1/4 x 50
Ok, I am a big fan of this cigar. Don't know the price of a single but a cheap box of 20 can run you about $60-70. Most places will claim this to be a full bodied cigar - I would tend to agree but not full bodied like a Sancho Panza XF or Joyo de Nic Antano. But I will say it can give you a nice buzz and lightheaded feeling. This evening's smoke started out great lots of white smoke and I let the first ash go out to about 2" - I didn't give it the best light either but it rectified itself nicely. Around 1/3 in, it got a bit tight on the draw but that too came around by about 1/2 in. After that smooth sailing with a damn fine cigar. Other notes: nice white ash, some chocolate notes, and at one point an interesting citrus like flavor (I am working on my palate to pick out flavors). Construction is top notch other than the draw (that could be bc I keep my humi on the wet side 72-74); nice color, good cap and wrapper.

Like I said, I enjoy this cigar and tonight did not disappoint. For the price, I would recommend trying one or two sticks.

I won three 5 packs from cbid a couple of months ago. I let them sit in the tupperdor for 6 weeks before smoking one, and boy was I impressed. An extremely good cigar.

Nice review.
I've been looking for someone to review this cigar mainly because i've been wanting to try one for a long while.
Too bad I can't find them anywhere.
Glad you enjoyed it.

jgros001 said:
Size: 5 1/4 x 50
Ok, I am a big fan of this cigar. Don't know the price of a single but a cheap box of 20 can run you about $60-70. Most places will claim this to be a full bodied cigar - I would tend to agree but not full bodied like a Sancho Panza XF or Joyo de Nic Antano. But I will say it can give you a nice buzz and lightheaded feeling. This evening's smoke started out great lots of white smoke and I let the first ash go out to about 2" - I didn't give it the best light either but it rectified itself nicely. Around 1/3 in, it got a bit tight on the draw but that too came around by about 1/2 in. After that smooth sailing with a damn fine cigar. Other notes: nice white ash, some chocolate notes, and at one point an interesting citrus like flavor (I am working on my palate to pick out flavors). Construction is top notch other than the draw (that could be bc I keep my humi on the wet side 72-74); nice color, good cap and wrapper.

Like I said, I enjoy this cigar and tonight did not disappoint. For the price, I would recommend trying one or two sticks.

I just smoked one of the Sobrinos at my local B&M. This was a very good smoke. I also noticed the "citrus" flavor. Good review. :w

Back