Very Short Review: CAO Italia Novella

webjunkie

ChestBeater
So I grabbed one of these one or two weeks ago (don't really remember) because I was curious.

Decent construction, no burn issues, overall a nicely built cigar.

Other than that I can sum up the experience in one word:

underwhelming.

Not a bad cigar, but not great either. I know I am very new at all this, but I was not impressed in the least. Might be interesting to see how the Italia is after it ages a bit, but until I have the room and the extra cash I'll be seeing what else there is out there.

Tried one and wasn't impressed, though I've heard that they are usually like that right off the truck. I'd love to try one with some age. The B&M nearby doesn't carry them, but perhaps I'll grab a five pack the next time I order online.

Interesting... Both the Italia and Brazil are actually in my top 10 (admittedly closer to 10 then 1 though!).
Aging will definitely change your opinion on it though. There's something to be said for a consistent draw & burn, shows pride of product in that they do good quality assurance testing.

Interesting... Both the Italia and Brazil are actually in my top 10 (admittedly closer to 10 then 1 though!).
Aging will definitely change your opinion on it though. There's something to be said for a consistent draw & burn, shows pride of product in that they do good quality assurance testing.

I'm with you Bear1976, the CAO Brazilia Piranha 4 1/2x46 is a super little smoke with great medium to full body flavor and wonderful smoke and aroma...:cb

I actually just had an Italia the other day, and I too was unimpressed. There seemed to be no flavor or anything to it at all, just under whelming like you said.

Thanks for the review. I feel the same way about this cigar. There's only one CAO i really like, and brother, this ain't it.....:ss

I think that time will help this smoke. I have smoked a few of them, and I have noticed they get alot better when allowed to sit.

I absolutely LOVE this cigar! Perfect size and shape for a gal like me - and I like the way it pairs with my Glenlivet! I keep thinking about trying the Brazilias also, should I give that a go sometime, boys?

I really liked the Brazil - I picked up a Italia and will be trying it soon. The guys I talk to either hate or love CAO - it's weird.

Thanks for the review.

The one I had seemed flavorful for about the first half and then it just tasted like.....air.
CigarDame, go ahead and give the Brazila Piranha a try, stronger than the italia.

Last edited:
Back