Vicksburg is on the truck

hornitosmonster

5 Rings and Counting
Just had to share my excitement...It is on the Fed Ex truck as we speak. With my luck the truck will crash and burn...it has happened to me before (Computer). About six years ago a Mail truck caught fire and all the mail, shipments, etc burned up. :w

Congratulations! I need to spring for a large, nice humidor but haven't done it yet. You've got to be excited.

sweet, i'm thinking about one myself... if i don't find something in a month i think i'll pull the trigger on the vick:D

so how slow is this day goin for ya? Cuz when I know my shipment is out for local delivery, it crawls.

I'm at work so not too bad. I get off early today..so hopefully I'm greeted by a nice box when I get home.

Congrats - be patient seasoning it. I have one and it took a while to settle down.

About a week with distilled (I a bowl) water? I have beads, do I toss those in from the start as well? Good thing I;m out of town this weekend...the temptation to rush things will be gone if I'm gone..LOL

Awesome bro, I just got mine last week!

I warmed (45 sec in microwave) some distilled water and put it in a bowl and stuck it in the humi. That plus a boveda seasoning packet and it was up to 75% in three days.

It's empty and still holindg at 68% even after I kept the top open for 30 minutes.

I now have close to half a lb of beads in there- i think once I had some sticks (totally empty right now) it will regulate down if I have some drier sticks in there or else it will go back up and i will leave the lid open for awhile.

I really want one of these but don't have the money right now. All you folks need to stop buying them so they don't run out. :mad:

J/k :) enjoy!

Vicksburgs are going like hot cakes. It will be interesting though to see if Bargain Humidors has a likewise replacement for them. I sold one of mine and kinda wish I'd kept it...;)

I still have one though.... and I'm a holdin' on to it.

Awesome bro, I just got mine last week!

I warmed (45 sec in microwave) some distilled water and put it in a bowl and stuck it in the humi. That plus a boveda seasoning packet and it was up to 75% in three days.

It's empty and still holindg at 68% even after I kept the top open for 30 minutes.

I now have close to half a lb of beads in there- i think once I had some sticks (totally empty right now) it will regulate down if I have some drier sticks in there or else it will go back up and i will leave the lid open for awhile.

I got impatient with mine and I haven't regretted it. I started patiently seasoning it, but then once it hit 75%, I pulled the trigger and loaded it. I guess I've been lucky because it has been holding steady about 68-70%. I recently added some beads when it dipped below 67% and it's holding steady again.

I'm keeping it at about 68% with just two tubes of the beads. I'm lovin' it. BTW: It doesn't hold more than about 300 sticks without getting pretty crowded -- not that that's a bad thing. It is just amazing how quickly you can accumulate sticks.

Hmm...I kinda regret getting my 150CC, cause it´s very full and I´m actually looking into buying something like an Vicksburg which holds around 300-500sticks. Do you guys know any alternatives to the Vicksburg with the same capacity? I´m not looking for a cabinet, since that would maybe be overkill
sizewise.

Its in and already being seasoned...It smells ah so good!! I'm going to Phoenix to watch the Cowboys Play so it will have from Thursday - Monday Night to suck up all that Distilled water. Then then Beads will go in for a few days then the sticks...hopefully it will have some Stogies in it by next Wednesday....:dr

mine's slowing receiving cigars now after all the inital fuss, not a moment too soon as I was starting to overflow to plastic bags from an ammo case 'dor and a tupperware.

Thanks to Mark for taking the time to post a damn good seasoning and calibration guide to make it all a confident good time. I actually learned that the digital hygros I had in the case and tupperware were off after I (finally) did the salt test!

Back