Victor Sinclair 7X50 Churchill review

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
When C-bid began offering a substantial line of Victor Sinclair cigars and since it was a smoke I had never tried, I picked up a couple of 7X50 Churchill 5 packs at a fairly reasonable price.

I usually let just arrived, 'fresh' cigars spend a week or so in the humidor before firing one up, but these looked so attractive I decided to try one right away. Since I wasn't expecting anything special, I was a bit surprised with just about everything about this stick. Good draw, well constructed, a near perfect burn and a well balanced taste consisting of several flavors from leather to spice. Ah, a winner at a buck seventy-five.

Well, the first one may have been a winner, but after smoking several more over the past couple of months, about the only thing I can say is that first cigar I picked looks like it may be the only winner in the lot. The balance have been inconsistant to say the least, particularly in the draw and burn. The flavors didn't change a great deal, and I suppose if you don't mind having to touch up the burn 2 or 3 times they might make the grade for an average yard-gar. But since I place the burn rate fairly high on my criteria list, I'll have to give this Churchill a thumbs down.

With as many varieties being for sale on the slope over the past couple of months, I may try another style or shape, but probably not in the immediate furture.

F. Prefect

Back