Victor Sinclair Bohemian Corojo

rkt

SilverBack
I received a package recently from refill. In it was a selection of cigars. There were 2 VS Bohemian Cuban Corojos. These have a curly head and twisted foot. The wrapper is toothy and veiny and a very red brown.

Last weekend I fired one up. Draw was good and it started with a spicy taste. About a third of the way down I picked up some pepper along with the spice. This stayed pretty much the same all the way down. I did have a couple of touch ups in the burn department but not too bad. The ash was loose and flaky. I'm glad I had on a old t-shirt because I had little black smudges on the from from the ash.

On the over all, not a bad cigar. Considering it was gifted made it even better. Now compared to a Padron Anni it was not that good but nothing to sneeze at either. If you like spice, pepper, tobacco you might like this cigar.

I just had one of these guys. It looked nice: a deep reddish brown, veiny wrapper with a curly head and a shaggy foot. It had been in the humidor for several months. I had a Coke with it, which I have never had with cigars before. It lit easily and the draw was good. The flavor, however, was lacking. It was very flat and bland tasting, no spiciness at all, very disappointing. The aroma was nothing special, either. It burned well, and had a slightly flaky ash.
I let it die before the halfway point because it wasn't particularly enjoyable. It did have a little bit of a kick to it - I'd put it in the medium strength range. Overall, it was not nearly as tasty as it looked. It wasn't bad tasting, but it sure wasn't good, either... not worth smoking.

Great review and pics-ive heard the vintage select is better in the VS line, maybe you should try that out.

Baric said:
Great review and pics-ive heard the vintage select is better in the VS line, maybe you should try that out.

Nice review! I've gone through a box of the Bohemian Blacks, and I like them! Same with the Vintage Selects (though they sometimes need probing to improve the draw).

My favorite from VS is the Series 55... A nice, tangy stick with enough body to keep you interested, but not so much that it requires 100% attention.

(IMHO) The Sinclair line may be gaining some momentum, in light of it's relatively modest price point... Let's try to keep that quiet!!!

Back