Victor Sinclair Bohemian

Commander Quan

The Cheese stands alone
Has anyone tried the Bohemian line from Victor Sinclair? I was in my local cigar shop and saw the Big Sur sitting on the shelf. The only thing I could thing was holy smokes this is huge. The cigar is 6x70 and is defenetly the fattest cigar I have ever seen in person I just had to buy one i'm just not sure I'm going to cut it to smoke it. so if anyone has tried this line let me know what you think so i know what i'll be in for.

Quan,
Welcome. I have tried the VS Bohemian Black line. But only the "Ginsburg" size, not the monster to which you refer. They are tasty cigars, mild bodied. B/c of their looks apparently they have earned the nickname "Intimidator". Worth a try for a good price.

I just smoked a Victor Sinclair Bohemian Red tonight. It was the Ginsburg. On the plus side, it had nice flavors - a bit spicy, and left a wonderful aftertaste in my mouth. The wrapper is a Corojo; a bit oily in appearance (the Black looks to be even a bit more oily yet).

On the downside, it had a pretty tight draw. The first half of the cigar burned okay, but then begn creaping from side to side a bit. Maybe it was my cut, but it appeared to be placed correctly.

I've got a Black in my humi that i'm looking forward to trying in the near future. I also plan on buying another Red or two and trying it again. I'm hoping that I may have simply had a bad roll on the one I smoked because I really enjoyed the flavor.

knuckles

knuckles said:
I just smoked a Victor Sinclair Bohemian Red tonight. It was the Ginsburg. On the plus side, it had nice flavors - a bit spicy, and left a wonderful aftertaste in my mouth. The wrapper is a Corojo; a bit oily in appearance (the Black looks to be even a bit more oily yet).

On the downside, it had a pretty tight draw. The first half of the cigar burned okay, but then begn creaping from side to side a bit. Maybe it was my cut, but it appeared to be placed correctly.

I've got a Black in my humi that i'm looking forward to trying in the near future. I also plan on buying another Red or two and trying it again. I'm hoping that I may have simply had a bad roll on the one I smoked because I really enjoyed the flavor.

knuckles

I like then too. It's a complex blend from 5 countries and pretty firmly rolled. Smoking the firm ones a little slower sometimes seems to help. These I like at 65% like the cubans. Seems to ease up the draw. My $.02

I have a VS Sampler enroute from the devil. Inside are 10 different Vics including the whole Bohemian line (Original, Black, Red and Bamboo; along with those new Serie 55s. From what I have read on top25 most people don't like the Black - its flavor is very similar to the original, but it has burn problems and stains your lips. Its not like the original Bohemian is light in color anyway..
I think I also read that the Bohemian Red is all corojo but from different nations - that sounds very interesting.

I will search for this thread and post my impressions of them once I have tried.

Great! Thanks txmatt. I'll be looking forward to your review.

I think you'll like the taste of the Red. I'm curious about the Black now... might have to fire that one up this weekend try it out.

knuckles

After my last message, I decided to buy (among several other stogies) a five-pack of Red's. Got a great price on them, couldn't pass it up. They are on their way...

Looking forward to giving them another go.

knuckles

I enjoy the reds and like DaKlugs said they have a great after taste and makes you want to light another.

Oh and Commander try getting one of those old paper cutters like we used to have in school, I bet it will do the trick. :r

txmatt said:
I have a VS Sampler enroute from the devil. Inside are 10 different Vics including the whole Bohemian line (Original, Black, Red and Bamboo; along with those new Serie 55s. From what I have read on top25 most people don't like the Black - its flavor is very similar to the original, but it has burn problems and stains your lips. Its not like the original Bohemian is light in color anyway..
I think I also read that the Bohemian Red is all corojo but from different nations - that sounds very interesting.

I will search for this thread and post my impressions of them once I have tried.
Just wondering if you had a chance to try one of those VS's yet, matt? I just had five more Red Ginsburgs' deliverved today (along with a bunch of other goodies).

Might try that Black this weekend....

I retract my statement about enjoying these they are awful the worse thing I ever smoked.
SO PLEASE STOP out bidding me at cbid on these. :r
But seriously if anyone would like to try one PM me.

hehehe... refill, was that you who i outbid on those reds???

Sorry 'bout that... i'll promise to stay clear of any upcoming VS auctions on CB in the 'near' future.

I realize you are desprately trying to save us all from those horrible smokes, and i for one appreciate it! :r

Haven't tried one yet but I heard on another forum that I am on that they are very good. Will have to get my hands on a couple.....

I decided to give another Red Ginsburg a try this evening. Same good flavor as before, and this time the cigar cooperated and burned pretty evenly. This cigar has become one of my favorite lower-priced smokes.

Back