Vinotemp - bigger not necessarily better?

-MG-

CS Chat Lurker
My father in law just picked up one of these 52ct Vino's for my birthday, and another for himself:

http://www.vinotemp.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48_52&products_id=429

Awesome gift, at a great price from a local scratch-and-dent store. After we get home I do a little research into it, and if I'm reading things right it's not a thermo-electric model. Did I mention the store has a no-return policy?

I seem to recall non-TE coolers suck out humidity, so... how screwed are we? :hn

well Screwed not really.....I use a normal room Fridge in the winter and while its a lil harder to control the humidity..its not impossible....

I use a timer to run mine for 15-20 mins every 3 hrs to keep it cool and have the beads under the freezer part to catch the condensation.

Good luck and there should be more info coming from more experienced gorillas

Shawn

with something that size and with a compressor, you'd probably be best off with an active humidity system, like a Cigar Oasis. All cooling systems will pull moisture out of the air, a compressor is just far more effective at cooling, so it'll pull moisture out much faster. You need to compensate for that.

You will be fine. I have 2 compressor type winecoolers. I use Johnson temp controllers and beads. Stock it up and keep everything in boxes. The rh swings are short lived.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've been exchanging a handful of PM's with Scott (Shilala), and I think with his knowledge I'll probably be able to make this work just fine.

Once it's all settled in I'll snap some pictures and let everybody know how it worked.

Back