vinotemp newbie.....uh ohhhh

4thtry

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Alright, as you can see a few posts down i just got my vino...up and running.
Just loaded it up today with all my smokes. Before i loaded it up i put empty boxes in & 1lb of heartfelt 65% beads.

temp is spot on, humidity was rock solid at 65 for two days straight...so it was time to load it up.

I put all the smokes in, retreated the beads....and now i'm sitting at 75% RH!!!!!!! what the hell!!!

way to high. Should i just let it air out for an hour or so & then seal it back up and see where i'm at??

any suggestions?

Re: vino newbie.....uh ohhhh

Alright, as you can see a few posts down i just got my vino...up and running.
Just loaded it up today with all my smokes. Before i loaded it up i put empty boxes in & 1lb of heartfelt 65% beads.

temp is spot on, humidity was rock solid at 65 for two days straight...so it was time to load it up.

I put all the smokes in, retreated the beads....and now i'm sitting at 75% RH!!!!!!! what the hell!!!

way to high. Should i just let it air out for an hour or so & then seal it back up and see where i'm at??

any suggestions?

check for hydrometer wonkiness

At what temp is your fridge set? If the inside of the fridge is warmer than the room temp, your humidity will rise. For example, if you have your air conditioner on 65* and your fridge is set to 68*, the humidity will go up. My room temp currently is 67* and my fridge is at 69*. My hygrometers are reading 68% and 69%, and I use 65% beads and Cigar Oasis set at 62%.

Pull the beads out for a day or two and let them dry out a bit. When you reconditioned the beads and put the cigars in, you over did it.

Pull the beads out for a day or two and let them dry out a bit. When you reconditioned the beads and put the cigars in, you over did it.

that's what i'm thinking. I just left the vino door open to let them air out a bit.

It's a calliburIII hygro so it's spot on.

that's what i'm thinking. I just left the vino door open to let them air out a bit.

It's a calliburIII hygro so it's spot on.

Airing it out can help. However, I've found that pulling the beads out for 2-4 hours takes care of things

Even though it's a Calibur III, I'd still do a salt test/calibration test on it. You never can be perfectly sure unless this is done.

:2

Dont worry so much about the ambient Rh in the Vino. Recalibrate and put the hygro inside one of the boxes. This should give you a more accurate reading. The Rh in the Vino will rise and fall dramatically if the unit is cycling. You are more concerned with long term conditions, checking inside a box will give you a better idea of how things are going.:2

Dont worry so much about the ambient Rh in the Vino. Recalibrate and put the hygro inside one of the boxes. This should give you a more accurate reading. The Rh in the Vino will rise and fall dramatically if the unit is cycling. You are more concerned with long term conditions, checking inside a box will give you a better idea of how things are going.:2
:tpd:

Back