Vinotemp owners! Is there a drain?

tchariya

Taters of the Lost Ark
I'm trying to seal up my vinotemp and the diagram shows a water pan. Did you guys find any drainage tubes or holes or anything that need to be sealed up? Where might this be? Maybe you can take a picture and point it out.

Thanks!!!

I'm trying to seal up my vinotemp and the diagram shows a water pan. Did you guys find any drainage tubes or holes or anything that need to be sealed up? Where might this be? Maybe you can take a picture and point it out.

Thanks!!!

There is a drain hole in the middle back part inside. In more humid climates ppl plug the hole or improvise a catch system to keep the moisture from accumulating. In my area I dont anticipate a need to plug the hole, but will watch it carefully when it gets warmer.:tu

Interesting. I am only using beads and not trying to inject a lot of humidity into the closed environment. I want the beads to do their work. I also don't want to lose the humidity through this drain.

I'm going to seal it. I don't expect a pooling of water.

Also, I'm not plugging in the vinotemp and hence not using the refrigeration mechanism unless it is very very very necessary. So basically this is my cooler-dor with a nice glass window for visuals!

I only use beads as well and a couple of Oust fans to keep air moving. I dont think condensation will be a problem until summer possibly. :tu

Living in Florida makes it a necessity to cool my cigars. So I keep my Vinotemp at 66 degrees. When it's 98 degrees this summer I expect condensation inside. Just the price I pay to not deal with the heavy cold you guys up north have to deal with. So far, I love my Vinotemp though.

Interesting. I am only using beads and not trying to inject a lot of humidity into the closed environment. I want the beads to do their work. I also don't want to lose the humidity through this drain.

I'm going to seal it. I don't expect a pooling of water.

Also, I'm not plugging in the vinotemp and hence not using the refrigeration mechanism unless it is very very very necessary. So basically this is my cooler-dor with a nice glass window for visuals!

Yeah, I don't plug mine in either. I tried to find one that didn't work at first but didn't have any luck. Mine stays at 65-70 degrees all year.

Rick
:cb

The condensate will probably only be a problem if your unit runs often. If you keep you Vino in a cool place, it might never run, so there will be no condensation created. The more it will run the more moisture it will pull out of the air. If it runs a lot, you'll have to plug the drain and catch the drips.

You'll have to wait and see how it works for you. But you'll really need to be checking RH in boxes not in the Vino itself. Even if my Vino's RH goes down to 55%, boxes still remain 65%.

Back