Vinotemp Power Outage Question

atariman

Young Ape
I have the occasional power outage at my home during a storm etc, but unfortunately
my neighborhood's power also seems to go off for a few minutes about once a week.

After a power outage when the Vino comes back on it defaults to it's
coldest setting at 54 degrees (instead of the more cigar friendly 66).

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to prevent this from happening?

I was thinking of a UPS with 15-20 mins battery back up for those quick power outages.

It would be nice to set the Vino at a certain temp and lock it in regardless of power.

Not the end of the world if I catch it at the end of the day, but I would
like to avoid the 12 degree temp swing if I am gone a few days.

Any other ideas?

ps
thanks for putting up with my vinotemp questions
my power went out 4 different times yesterday for 2-3 mins which
made me think of this

I have the occasional power outage at my home during a storm etc, but unfortunately
my neighborhood's power also seems to go off for a few minutes about once a week.

After a power outage when the Vino comes back on it defaults to it's
coldest setting at 54 degrees (instead of the more cigar friendly 66).

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to prevent this from happening?

I was thinking of a UPS with 15-20 mins battery back up for those quick power outages.

It would be nice to set the Vino at a certain temp and lock it in regardless of power.

Not the end of the world if I catch it at the end of the day, but I would
like to avoid the 12 degree temp swing if I am gone a few days.

Any other ideas?

ps
thanks for putting up with my vinotemp questions
my power went out 4 different times yesterday for 2-3 mins which
made me think of this

UPS is the only way I think.

It doesn't worry me. I look in my Vino at least once a day, so a temp reset isn't usually a problem.

Just thought of another way. You could buy one of those Johnson external thermostats and set it to what ever.

The UPS systems for computers aren't really built to sustain the power spikes from the larger motors on the Vinotemp.

By-passing the onboard thermostat would be the most cost effective.

Maybe Vinotemp needs to put a small battery on the control board so the temp setting doesn't change under power off conditions. Hell, even my lawn sprinkler system has that to control the clock. . .

i've got a thermoelectric (no compressor) vino, and my $30 UPS works perfectly for power spikes and brownouts. Haven't had to run and push the temp back up since I hooked it up to it. The battery only last about 10 minutes with no power at all, but I haven't had a power outage lately that was longer than that.

Back