vinotemp shelves

dsmaddox

Young Chimp
Where are you guys getting your vinotemp shelves and drawers?

I just picked up one today and have it out in the garage drying/airing out after a good wipe down. Ive got a oasis II xl coming in the mail tomorrow to throw in it and hope to have it up and running by the end of the week.

Thanks.

Where are you guys getting your vinotemp shelves and drawers?

I just picked up one today and have it out in the garage drying/airing out after a good wipe down. Ive got a oasis II xl coming in the mail tomorrow to throw in it and hope to have it up and running by the end of the week.

Thanks.

Check with ChasDen (He is good people) :

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=179390&highlight=vinotemp+trays

Here is his another option - for shilala's 'chest of drawer' drop in:
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=178036&highlight=vinotemp+chest

Last edited:
You can also just get some shelves cut from Spanish cedar if you're not looking for a huge drawer set up.

Also, I wish you had not ordered the Oasis. I had one and it worked horrible, I was filling it so often. I switched to straight beads and it's been perfect since.

hum, thats not good to hear. I thought these things held humidity pretty good. I wouldn't think that you would need to keep refilling it b/c of that. Hopefully I will have better luck.

Thanks.

hum, thats not good to hear. I thought these things held humidity pretty good. I wouldn't think that you would need to keep refilling it b/c of that. Hopefully I will have better luck.

Thanks.

Ambient temperature has a lot to do with it. If it's hot and the Vino cycles a lot then it's going to cause the Oasis to turn on more often to make up for the drops in RH.

This is going to be setup in my office, which has a ceiling fan running 24/7 and solar screens on the windows. I will let you know how it works out once I finish it up.

Thanks.

This is going to be setup in my office, which has a ceiling fan running 24/7 and solar screens on the windows. I will let you know how it works out once I finish it up.

Thanks.

I am with Darrell on this one... reccomend you return it and go with beads - you will be much better off.

Since you are still pretty new, those links won't work for you - I PMd Chas for you, and will do the same with Shilala.

when i first got my vino i put my oasis in it. about a week later all of the gel inside of the cartridge was completely empty. it just vanished.
:confused:

This is how mine are set up (both). Others have quite different setups. If the setup works, then it is good, no matter what anyone says :D

I went to the local wood working shop and got some spanish cedar planks. I then took them to my friend Kathy who has an amazing wood shop and had them planed and cut to 5" widths and the correct length.

I only use the shelves on the bottom slot of the vino with a large gap in the middle below which I place 1lb of 65% beads. All my sticks are in boxes, none are in open trays. somewhere above 1/2 I put another 1/2 - 1lb of beads. I also have duct tape over the drain hole to keep RH from "leaking" to quickly.

I only plug in the vinos during the warm months and am able to hold 65-70 degrees the rest of the time without cooling.

I have 45 boxes (maybe 7-8 are 50 ct cabs) in my vinos and the sticks are all doing fine.

I have cedar shelves in one of my Vino's. I ordered 5 of the 24"x5"x3/16" planks from Woodraft.com. and cut them to length. $6.50 per plank. :tu

I also only use beads, one pound is sufficient, two is better. :2

Got mine from Mtmouse and I was astounded at the speed and quality. I've heard many good things of the other woodsmiths here.:ss

Chasden also makes some very nice drawers. Single stick deep with a glass top, available in a variety of finishes. :tu

Back