Vinotemp vs. Cooler???

4thtry

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Vinotemp or a cooler????

which would you buy, given the price difference of the two. I'm weighing my options.

Right now i have a humi that is bursting at the seams and a few tupperwear containers that are starting to fill up.

I need something bigger....i'm just wondering what the benifits are of each. obviously the vino is way more expensive than a cooler....is it worth it to you. Either way it'll probably be stored in my closet so appearence doesn't matter.

Wondering what your :2 on the topic at hand are???

guide me o' wise ones

A cooler will give you much more capacity for your dollar. 28bottle Vino's can hold about 15-18 boxes. But the big advantage with the Vinotemp IMHO is temperature control.
Not having to run the A/C all day will pay for the Vinotemp in 1-2 months. My:2

so let me get this straight....you can control the temp inside the vino? I've never dealt with a vino before, neither for wine or 'gars so i'm VERY new to them. Is it difficult to control humidity & temp inside of them or is it pretty much just set it & forget it???

i know the humidity isn't set/forget (i'd get beads for that) but i'm wondering about the temp.

so let me get this straight....you can control the temp inside the vino? I've never dealt with a vino before, neither for wine or 'gars so i'm VERY new to them. Is it difficult to control humidity & temp inside of them or is it pretty much just set it & forget it???

i know the humidity isn't set/forget (i'd get beads for that) but i'm wondering about the temp.

James, it's pretty much set and forget by season. Once the weather changes it will take a few days to find it's rhythm again.

Key things to remember:
Get as many boxes, whether full or empty in there to hold RH.
Seal the drain and catch the drip.
Use beads.
You can't always trust the temp and RH readings from insde the Vino. Keep a hygro in a box, and go by that.

There is a good thread where Munkey consolidated most of this info.

thanks alot man. I just found that thread a minute ago...feel kinda stupid for posting this now haha. sorry about that.

I might go with a small cheap cooler for now....i have WAAAY too much for my humi but i dont think i have near enough for a vino yet.

thanks for the suggestions, i'm sure i'll see a vino in my future

The last $149 sale ended at target on 3/24, but I saw Sat. that they had two new VTs and the sale sign was still up (with old dates). Most stores would give you the deal. It's worth checking. And that cooler is gonna be too small shortly anyway. Right? hehe

if you have to worry about the ambient room temperature where you are at, then consider the vinotemp.

Not everyone is single and has your money Mr. Cohibo. :ss

Haha! Its the Cohibo-lifestyle; pay a lot for very little! :tu

And if you went with a cooler, you can't see your glass topped boxes of Cohibos on display! :ss

Haha! Its the Cohibo-lifestyle; pay a lot for very little! :tu

And if you went with a cooler, you can't see your glass topped boxes of Cohibos on display! :ss

SOLD> Vino it is :r :r

Still undecided. i can buy a relatively small 42qt cooler from walmart for 14.99. A vino is obviously way more expensive.

I don't have the ammount of cigars to justify a vino right now, but you are correct, i'm sure i will in the future. So buy one cheap cooler now & a vino later....or just skip the cooler all together:confused:

i just don't want to have trouble keeping the RH at the right level b/c i don't have enough smokes/boxes in it :hn

SOLD> Vino it is :r :r

Still undecided. i can buy a relatively small 42qt cooler from walmart for 14.99. A vino is obviously way more expensive.

I don't have the ammount of cigars to justify a vino right now, but you are correct, i'm sure i will in the future. So buy one cheap cooler now & a vino later....or just skip the cooler all together:confused:

i just don't want to have trouble keeping the RH at the right level b/c i don't have enough smokes/boxes in it :hn

you never know when you might need a small cooler to 'age' your boxes of cigars.

Those small coolers do add up. I bit the bullet and bought a 178qt cooler from Costcos...and 7 months later.....its full. Luckily the vinotemp is standing by. I just have to figure out how to arrange it all.

Back