Vinotemp...what temperature...is your Vinotemp accurate?

kgoings

Evolving Lead Gorilla
So I am in Arizona and its only 110 outside. What do most people put their Vinotemp on? So I tried mine on 55 and it ran constantly (NEVER turned off) then I put it at 65 it said it was 65 and turned off...but my hygrometer says its 71.4 inside....I put the Vino at 60, and it gets there and turns off, but my hygrometer says its 68.2?

The room temperature is set to 74.

So I am in Arizona and its only 110 outside. What do most people put their Vinotemp on? So I tried mine on 55 and it ran constantly (NEVER turned off) then I put it at 65 it said it was 65 and turned off...but my hygrometer says its 71.4 inside....I put the Vino at 60, and it gets there and turns off, but my hygrometer says its 68.2?

I have the external display set to 60 degrees and this yields an internal temperature of 64 degrees. My ambient temp is usually no higher than 75 degrees. At this setting it runs alot but as long as it maintains humidity and condensation doesn't become a problem I don't worry about it. According to the owners manual these only work up to maximum ambient room temperature or 77 degrees. I hope this information helps.

Last edited:
Just check mine, its set to max which is 66 degrees, my hygrometer inside reads 69F/65% and it pretty much stays there. So for me that is perfect! The only problem I have is that the electricity around here is flakey. If I take a power hit and we do from time to time, the vinotemp will reset to its default which is like 55F and when that happens the humidity will drop like a rock. If I don’t get any power flux issues the thing works great. I’m thinking of putting the thing on a UPS so that brown outs and power flux’s don’t reset the temp and thereby the humidity.

The display versus hygrometer difference happens with me too. The ambient is about 73 in my condo. The vino display is always a couple degrees lower than the hygrometer display. I usually put my vino around 60 and that gives me about 63-64

The only problem I have is that the electricity around here is flakey. If I take a power hit and we do from time to time, the vinotemp will reset to its default which is like 55F and when that happens the humidity will drop like a rock.

I've come home to a few shivering sticks myself. I've thought about a UPS for my new Vino.

Yeah, mine is quite off as well, but the room can get a little warm sometimes (up to 80 degrees). It's usually off by about 5 degrees, but sometimes by 7 or 8. I'm sure it would change depending on the location of my hygrometer. I have two in there and they vary by at least a couple of degrees. Interestingly, I have mine set at 65 but it almost ALWAYS reads 66 on the display even when it has shut off. Oh well, close enough. I would be curious where the temperatures sensor is for the vino. I'm sure it is warmer in the front where there is less insulation.

I have 2 next to each other and they are both set to 66. One stays at 67 and the other at 72. Oh well, either temps works for me. Oh, room is around 78.

Mine is also off. Mostly in the high 60's with temp set on vino at 61. Room temp is usually high 70's. But it all works great and stays steady.

Back