vinotempting

4thtry

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Alright, i made a post a few weeks ago regarding whether to get a vino or to get a cooler costs vs effectiveness came into play etc etc.

I thought i had my mind made up on a cooler, however target has the vino's on sale right now for 170 (as of right now i have the money to afford either one, however i'll be much more broke after a vino :r)

I hear a lot of people talking about temperature fluctuations being the deciding factors for buying a vinotemp.

Living here in Maryland, we get all 4 seasons, including hot as balls and cold as *$%&.

with that being said....here's the question:

Living where i live (wonderful state of maryland) and dealing with the vast climate changes we encounter, IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES which would you get. given the price, effectiveness & overall climate changes.....what would be your deciding factor on either one & why.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Personally, I think it depends on your climate control indoors. In IL, I'm totally fine with just a cooler. why? b/c I run the heater in the winter and AC in the summer and never get more than +/-5F fluctuation in my office closet where I keep the coolers.

someday I'd like to get an Aristocrat with temp controls; but until then, I'll probably just stick with the Igloo coolers. :tu

Personally, I think it depends on your climate control indoors. In IL, I'm totally fine with just a cooler. why? b/c I run the heater in the winter and AC in the summer and never get more than +/-5F fluctuation in my office closet where I keep the coolers.

someday I'd like to get an Aristocrat with temp controls; but until then, I'll probably just stick with the Igloo coolers. :tu

:tpd: Gotta agree with that!

If you have a basement, a cooler should be fine.

i agree...

i got mine when i lived in the low desert, temp fluctuations would range from 55degrees in the am to 95 four hours later, and thats inside the house...

cooler in the basement should be fine...

yeah, that's the problem.....no basement, and i don't always run the ac/heat. A lot of times in the spring/summer i'll just crack a window, however that's not good for the smokes.

ahhhhh what to do...what to do

It's a tuff one. You'll never need to upgrade the Vino. But a cooler gets you more stuff to put in it.

It's a tuff one. You'll never need to upgrade the Vino. But a cooler gets you more stuff to put in it.

IT'S DONE!!!! OH GOD THE GLORY....IT'S DONE :hn

just got back from target & brought home my new vino. I'm letting it air out now as we speak to get rid of that disgusting plastic-y smell.

need to get shelves for it......crap

but other than that i'm all set.

just got back from target & brought home my new vino. I'm letting it air out now as we speak to get rid of that disgusting plastic-y smell.

If you need shelves. Consider some 1" mahogany strips wrapped around some plexieglass. My friend has some like that and it works well. The Spanish Cedar is getting really expensive. PM me if you need more inf on them.

Congrats! Shelves are not a real priority. I bought spanish cedar from Woodcraft for my first Vino, but I am using the wire shelves for the second. They work fine, box Tetris is just a little wobbly sometimes. I am actually looking at taking out one of my cedar shelves to increase capacity.:2

I like the vinotemp better simply for looks. No way would I want several coolers laying out in the open. The vinotemp looks much better, and and I want my babies where I can see them! :)

Where would be the best place to get spanish cedar shelving? I'm in the same boat myself, but most of my sticks are singles, and i have only 1 box.

Back