Walmart $5 Digital Hydrometer

pbrennan10

Softball Pitcher
It's worked fine for me, salt tested at 1% off.

I mainly made this thread to ask a question that has me worried

My hydrometer sits primarily between 66 and 68 degrees and it often switches right in between those two directly.

When it does this, it changes the RH by 10%, it's 76% at 66 degrees and 66% at 68

Is this just some build in threshold to adjust the RH change for temperature or is it on the wonk?

You don't even know the physics of humidification!

Can i please get a professional in here that understands the electrolytic synaptic hydrophillic membrane for a QED?

You don't even know the physics of humidification!

Can i please get a professional in here that understands the electrolytic synaptic hydrophillic membrane for a QED?

I used to know that, but then my brain went "wonky". ;)

does it change when you open your humi? and isn't it a hygrometer? or is it hydrometer? i could have sworn it was hygrometer. Anyways mine drops from 68-70%ish down to like 50's if i have my humi open for more then a few minutes (assuming i'm pulling out the drawers and lifting up the little basket things).

does it change when you open your humi? and isn't it a hygrometer? or is it hydrometer? i could have sworn it was hygrometer. Anyways mine drops from 68-70%ish down to like 50's if i have my humi open for more then a few minutes (assuming i'm pulling out the drawers and lifting up the little basket things).

Dear Sir,

I can watch it through my vinotemp glass shift back and forth when the temperature is teetering without opening.

68 66
66 76
68 66...

I have two of them in my CC humidor, and they both always have the same temp and RH. With my beads they both read 64-65%, but when they are just sitting on the counter, the temps and RHs are completely different and out of whack. i can't explain it, but under correct conditions for cigars, they are dead on. It works for me and for 5 bux I can't beat it. I salt tested both of them and they were bang on. I don't know about them, but they seem to work great for me.

Wonky???
Zoink???
All that stuff that pbrennan said???

What is going on here?

Either I'm really stupid (or drunk)......

Or you guys are super smart.

I am really impressed I think! :confused::confused:

:r

Wonky???
Zoink???
All that stuff that pbrennan said???

What is going on here?

Either I'm really stupid (or drunk)......

Or you guys are super smart.

I am really impressed I think! :confused::confused:

:r

The enormity of our intellect is surpasssed only by the vagueness of our nonsense. ;)

It's worked fine for me, salt tested at 1% off.

I mainly made this thread to ask a question that has me worried

My hydrometer sits primarily between 66 and 68 degrees and it often switches right in between those two directly.

When it does this, it changes the RH by 10%, it's 76% at 66 degrees and 66% at 68

Is this just some build in threshold to adjust the RH change for temperature or is it on the wonk?

In what section did you find this at Walmart?

In what section did you find this at Walmart?

Home improvement, in between the lightbulb and paint aisle.

There were some huge outdoor thermometers in the same spot should look for those.

It was a bit of a bitty to find, hence why i seem to have memorized all the aisles in walmart.

Back