Warmer weather ....Less smoking?

stevieray

Professional Slacker
Sounds strange doesn't it? In the winter I bundle up, walk out to the Man Shack, fire up the heater, and smoke a cigar almost daily dreaming of the summer to smoke comfortably. Now that warmer weather is here in the Northeast, I find myself too busy with "house chores" and family obligations to enjoy a cigar. I have gone from a cigar a day in the winter to 2 cigars a week in the summer. Anybody else finding themselves in a similar situation?

Am I crazy to be looking forward to winter ? :confused:

To a college student, it certainly does sound crazy. Ohio State winters = cold, windy, and nowhere to smoke a cigar but in the cold and wind. I wouldn't mind the cold if I had a shack to sit in w/o the wind, but it just doesn't beat a 9:30 sunset at 75 with a slight breeze.

That's one thing I don't miss about New England...sunsets at 8. Out in these parts, 9:30 usually marks too dark to play ball. :tu

Same thing has happened to me. I just haven't had as much time as much as I've wanted to. I've also been under the weather a bit.

I bring short and cheap cigars to work to smoke at lunch during nice weather; that certainly won't happen during the winter (the other half of our year), so no, I don't find this happening.
I'm also finding more time to host and attend herfs as we can smoke outside comfortably.

Sounds strange doesn't it? In the winter I bundle up, walk out to the Man Shack, fire up the heater, and smoke a cigar almost daily dreaming of the summer to smoke comfortably. Now that warmer weather is here in the Northeast, I find myself too busy with "house chores" and family obligations to enjoy a cigar. I have gone from a cigar a day in the winter to 2 cigars a week in the summer. Anybody else finding themselves in a similar situation?

Am I crazy to be looking forward to winter ? :confused:

I too have a man shack for winter herfing, an absolute necessity if I'm going to have any cigars between November and March. But I hardly use it in the spring and summer unless it's raining, and I"m fairly sure I smoke more, too.

I don't smoke as many during the hot part of the summer because, well, its HOT and I can't stand being hot. So, I try to wait until 9pm or so, but it don't always work out that way.

Seems like common sense to me. Let's see 105 degrees with 95% humidity outside, can't smoke inside...yep, sounds like less smokin' for me too.

I smoke more at night during these heat waves.

Today is suppose to be 90+++ and there will be no smoking outside today. But tonight when the sun goes down sitting by the pool it will be perfect around 70 degrees. That is a great time to smoke a cigar.

Then if it gets to hot. I will retire to the smoking room with central air. :ss

Yeah - I know what you mean and can't really explain it either. In the winter I smoke about 9 to 10 a day - but in the summer months it's down to 7 or 8 a day. Weird -

:r

Ron

I seem to be finding myself at the mercy of mother nature, and experiencing nasty allergies throughout the summer. Despite the fact that it is absolutely prime cigar smoking time, I feel guilty for burning any decent sticks since I know I won't be able to taste and appreciate them properly due to my clogged up nose. It is quite frustrating.

Yeah - I know what you mean and can't really explain it either. In the winter I smoke about 9 to 10 a day - but in the summer months it's down to 7 or 8 a day. Weird -

:r

Ron
\
thats a lot of cigars in one day..:r:ss

I probably smoke more in the winter. In the winter, I usually head to my workshop in the barn when I get home from work, smoke a cigar and have a beer and work on whatever project I have going. In the summer, I keep a way busier schedule, so I actually have less time to smoke.

I've only been smoking cigars for a few weeks, and haven't thought about winter. Now that I have thought about it, I think I will smoke a lot less in the winter. I don't have a man-shack...hopefully one of my buddies will let me use theirs :)

I smoke about the same all year round. But no I dont look foreward to winter. it sucks big time. In the summer we can party in the garage with the doors up and open and use our patio to boot:tu

its almost too damn warm to smoke during the day these past few weeks... once it gets to be about 7pm though its really nice

Eastern NC humidity can be a killer but it doesn't really affect the stogie consumption. Usually a breeze will blow around 7:00 or so and it's nice to watch the sun go down with a stick or two.

Back