Way too ~HOT~ today.

gwc4sc

Fill it up AGAIN!!!
I live in So. California just north of San Diego and it was 95 degrees outside. Not only am I miserable but my cigars are crying for some help. So now I have a question. Is there any way to keep the temp down in my cooler and humi without running the A/C all day?

sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif
sweating.gif

Keep your cooler in the closet in the coolest/darkest/most remote portion of the house. Definitely keep out of the sun and out of the open :2

Do you have a basement?

I keep my humidor in the basement, where it never gets above 65 degrees even in the middle of summer.

Cry me a river Judy...it snowed here in Iowa yesterday.

Don't mind me...I am just jealous...:r

Sounds like you could really use a vinotemp my friend.

No basement here. I will try the closet and maybe some ice blocks. Thanks guys. The worst part about the weather is that it will be 100+ this summer for sure. Last year was terrible.

Vinotemp or freeze. I just finished packing up the contents of my three desktop humis and putting them down for a few days in the freezer. After our mini-heat wave of two days of plus 85 temps, my boxes were all reading 80+. So they all went to sleep. My Vino's are holding steady at 66. Rh is jumping all over the place as Darrell pointed out in his thread. But I am going to do as Jason suggested and put the hygros in boxes to get a better idea of whats going on. :2

Not exactly sure the reason but most southern states that I have been to don'y have basements. Hell you won't see too many 2 story houses either.

All there is here are 2 story houses. :r But as far as basements I dont know why we dont have them. Born and raised here in Cali and have never even seen a basement with my own eyes. Maybe cause we dont have tornados?? :confused:

Well from what I read we dont have basements because the soil here is real moist and it would not be stable enough for a basement. Also homes in the colder parts of the country need the basements for pipes and water heaters and what not that way they wont freeze. Thats what I found at least.

Well from what I read we dont have basements because the soil here is real moist and it would not be stable enough for a basement. Also homes in the colder parts of the country need the basements for pipes and water heaters and what not that way they wont freeze. Thats what I found at least.

Right-o on the water table! And, natch, houses are cheaper to build minus basements!

Back