Weird sh*t in my chico

Corona Gigante

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy
I was looking forward to smoking a Partagas Chico at lunchtime. After removing the cello, sticking out of the foot I noticed a few threads of what looked like the fibrous, matted material a cigarette filter is made from. I pulled at the threads and they did not come loose. I eventually pulled the whole cigar apart and discovered a "vein" of this foreign material that ran more than half the length of the cigar.

I wonder (1) what is was, (2) how many more cigars in this box contain similar stuff, (3) and how many of them I've already smoked.

Could it have been part of a cigarette filter? Are the same machines used to make cigars used to make cigarettes?

Corona Gigante said:
I was looking forward to smoking a Partagas Chico at lunchtime. After removing the cello, sticking out of the foot I noticed a few threads of what looked like the fibrous, matted material a cigarette filter is made from. I pulled at the threads and they did not come loose. I eventually pulled the whole cigar apart and discovered a "vein" of this foreign material that ran more than half the length of the cigar.

I wonder (1) what is was, (2) how many more cigars in this box contain similar stuff, (3) and how many of them I've already smoked.

Could it have been part of a cigarette filter? Are the same machines used to make cigars used to make cigarettes?

post a pic and we will try to figure out this situation.

Ive got a few chicos and it wouldnt surprise me the crap that goes into them...theyre so rough. still, decent flavour

I hear sometime the materials used for the bundles of tobacco prior to rolling sometime accidentally get put into the mix. Wouldn't surprise me especially in a short filler cigar.

yoshi94564 said:
I hear sometime the materials used for the bundles of tobacco prior to rolling sometime accidentally get put into the mix. Wouldn't surprise me especially in a short filler cigar.

Good call! It definitely could have been twine of some kind: maybe even hemp twine... Perhaps I should have smoked it after all. :w

When I was rolling my own cigarettes I sometimes would find string/twine in the tabacco tin. It probably gets missed in the processing.

Whats worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Half a worm!!!

bandit

Guess this could make a new thread. Craziest thing you've found in your cigars, i shudder to think of the possibilites!

bandit

Back