Went to a local B&M

Troop_lee

SilverBack
Stopped by a local shop tonight to look around (had never been to this shop before). Grabbed two sticks. Let me know what you think.

Not a big fan. But hey, you are starting out. Too find out what you like you have to try different cigars. A few mild sticks to try out.
Drew Estate Chateau Real
Carlos Torano Casa Torano
Romeo Y Julieata Reserva Real

Nice Mild cigars to start you off and then go from there.

Oh yeah, welcome to CS

Just tried the small one, it was ok. I won't buy it again though, I didn't think it had much flavor. I have seemed to always try lighter milder cigars. I think that I am going to try to curb that and find stronger smokes.

I also think I am going to let the Gold label sit for awhile in the humidor.

Last edited:
Too find out what you like you have to try different cigars. A few mild sticks to try out.
Drew Estate Chateau Real
Carlos Torano Casa Torano
Romeo Y Julieata Reserva Real

Nice Mild cigars to start you off and then go from there.

Oh yeah, welcome to CS
:tpd: Welcome to the Jungle we got fun and games. Gotta agree Carlos Torano and RyJ Reserve are great to start out with. The RyJ line of smokes is by far one of if not my personal favorite.

sorry, even though most people are courteous about macs, i just think they are priced pretty high without any real benefit, nothing very much great about them, you could have gotten four cigars that are equal or better for the same price

sorry, even though most people are courteous about macs, i just think they are priced pretty high without any real benefit, nothing very much great about them, you could have gotten four cigars that are equal or better for the same price

Thank you for that insight, I had never tried any before and I was being rushed by the wife. So I picked those up instead of just falling back on a Acid like I usually do when I can't make up my mind and I'm in a hurry.

you are the one who bought them... you smoke them and tell me what u think...

personally when i was smoking NCs i wasnt a fan of the macs...

but on a happier note... alot of guys say Cuban Davidoffs were the Macs back in the day... look how sought after they are not?

:ss happy smoking :ss

La Flor Dominca.

The LFDs and LGs are superb but I'd tend to classify them "for the experienced cigar smoker." Worth a shot, though, to try a wide variety of stogies. Torano makes some good ones and maybe check out the Don Lino Africa. So little time, so many cigars to try. ;)

-Ken

When I first started cigars I liked a good Macanudo to start off an evening.
As it progressed I could use something stronger, but a strong cigar first off would be just too much for a beginner smoker.

I applaud you trying cigars. Just keep buying 2-3 of a cigar at a time to get a good feeling for the taste of a brand, or line, or even vitola.

Good luck.

If you want a nice mild smoke that is more flavorful and cheaper than a Mac, try an Excalibur Connecticut Wrapper.

Gisperts have about the samle flavor as Macs for half the price too.

Just tried the small one, it was ok. I won't buy it again though, I didn't think it had much flavor. I have seemed to always try lighter milder cigars. I think that I am going to try to curb that and find stronger smokes.

You don't need to get a stronger smoke to get more flavor. For a nice flavorful smoke that won't knock you on your ass try an Onyx reserve.:2

Some of my first favorites were the Baron de Rothchilds. Can't even taste them anymore. Give the Casa Torano a try or a Padron 2000 or 3000. Or go to the extreme opposite end of the strength spectrum and try a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel Maduro or a Don Pepin Blue Label. :ss

Leon Jimenes are great light smokes... sweet and creamy. I had one this morning for breakfast!

:ss

Back