What are you smoking 3/1/08 (spring is almost here edition)

im expecting to have a big lunch and its pretty decent outside today. so im getting ready for my 1st Arturo Fuente Anejo :D

Gurkha Signature Maduro 101 #4

Picked them up from Joecigar a few weeks back and decided to break one out. The wrapper was amazing. It was so oily and delicious I just wanted to take a bite out of it.

Finished off the day with an A. Fuente Hemmingway. A great way to end a day in which was a special occasion. Was a part of a friend's wedding and had been saving the Hemmingway for a special occasion. Perfect end to a perfect day.

It must have reached the 70's here in NC. Very sunny with little breeze. I smoked a big sucker- Cuban Parejo by Perdomo Belicoso Fino (6.50 X 60). Good flavors but it burned like crap.

Hey there's another what are you smoking now thread? Now I'm confused. I'm smoking a Graycliff Crystal Pirate. :tu

Its supposed to get up to about 55 here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to take advantage of it. Just got about 4 inches of snow Friday night, so Spring still seems a little too far off to me.

Well, on 3/1 I started with the Dona Flor Alonso Menendes, then a CFO Reserva, 5 Vegas Miami, Joya de Nicaragua, part of a CI Legend Camacho that I shit canned about 2" in, a cigar I don't remember, a Lito Gomez, and a Gurkha G5. All were smokes I've never had before. That Lito Gomez was a pretty stout smoke and good for a Dominican, which I normally don't care for. Can you tell I was herfin? :ss

Today I'm working on a couple year old Camacho 11/18 Limited. Man, this is simply an amazing smoke. Wish I didn't have only the one. :(

I snarfed down an Illusione 88 today, courtesy of dwhitacre and a short story courtesy of Blues Tiger. Not a bad day. :)

A busy day for me- two cigars. 50+ degrees in Chicagoland.

In the morning, I smoked my first ever Fuente Hemingway Short Story. I really liked it. I thought it was mild, with a little sweetness, a little spice, and a little tang. It got a little spicier near the end (I nubbed it).

This evening, I smoked my first Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro #5. I only got about half way through it but I liked it. A bit stronger and spicier than the Hemingway.

There are a lot of firsts coming up for me this Spring. I've been on a cigar buying binge.....

On 3/1 I had a stick from that island where we are not supposed to have them from ;) It was ok.

Today, I had a Felipe Gregorio Dominicana it I found very nice! Got it from a CI sampler. Didn't think much of it when I got it, but did enjoy it today.

Rocky Patel Vintage 92 short figaro(sp). Very nice. Spring seemed a long ways off as I enjoyed it sitting on 16" of ice while fishing. Good cigar and a good day fishing. Does it get any better?:tu

Back