What cigar are you going to give a second chance?

webjunkie

ChestBeater
So we've all had that cigar that we didn't really like, but had that feeling (or were told) that they'd be better if they had some time to rest in the humi. So which one are you waiting to try again?

For me, it's currently a Punch Rothschild. Got two of them when I bought it at the B&M, so the second has been sitting in the humi for about a month now. Tried the first one and it didn't impress me at all. I guess what really put me off, was a sorta gritty feeling I had in my mouth when smoking it. That's the only way I can think to describe it at the moment. Well, we'll see how the second one turns out.

Don Pepin Cuban Classic PC. Had one last night, my first DP and it was tight as hell. Reclipped it twice and massaged the hell out of it, didn't matter.

On the other hand... Many gorillas like them, and I don't give up that easily.

Cusano 18 Paired Maduro. Any cigar that looks and smells that good can't be as bad as the one I had (one of the few cigars I've thrown away at the half way mark). I don't know what went wrong with the one I had but I will give this one another go.

5 Vegas "A". I got one in a trade and I didn't really like it. Everyone at CS seems to think they're heaven sent so I should probably give it another try.

Padron 3000 Maduro. I had one and thought it was average and one dimensional. I've had a bunch of cigars since then and I now realize it was probably pretty good.

The Padron I'm more likely to try because I can get it at my B&M.

So we've all had that cigar that we didn't really like, but had that feeling (or were told) that they'd be better if they had some time to rest in the humi. So which one are you waiting to try again?

For me, it's currently a Punch Rothschild. Got two of them when I bought it at the B&M, so the second has been sitting in the humi for about a month now. Tried the first one and it didn't impress me at all. I guess what really put me off, was a sorta gritty feeling I had in my mouth when smoking it. That's the only way I can think to describe it at the moment. Well, we'll see how the second one turns out.
the punch needs good resting time. I smoked one from my local B&M and it was great! But I grabbed a 5 pack online and smoked one right out of the package and it was lack luster. I let them age for a few months and its back to being great.

I'm giving the Punch Elites Maduro another shot. The wrapper is fantastic, but the filler definitely tasted like it needed some time.

La Aroma De Cuba anything. I really like the flavor, especially the Robusto, but they tunnel like crazy at any humidity. I'll keep buying them though.

Just for the record, I've tried different Fonseca's and they all taste like chalk to me. Just my :2

Dunng, I'd love to actually do that, but everytime I go into the B&M to pick up these second chance sticks I see something else I've been wanting to try and.... :ss

Leon Jimenes...I had one about a month ago and didnt care too much for it. But I keep seeing it popping up from time to time so I figure I need to pick up a few and let them rest. The one I tried had a bit of a grassy taste to it.

Camacho Corojo - too strong for my empty stomach the first time out. I have another that is resting. I'm going to stuff myself at a seafood buffet, with desserts and drinks, then give it another whirl. Talk about a peppery smoke!

Pepin Serie JJ, I tried it OTT from Cbid and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to get excited about at all, pretty bland and boring. Also JdN Celebracion, it tasted absolutely terrible, and had something like an old shoe smell to it, but I've never really heard anyhting but good about JdN so they're gonna sleep for a bit.

Cusano 18 Paired Maduro. Any cigar that looks and smells that good can't be as bad as the one I had (one of the few cigars I've thrown away at the half way mark). I don't know what went wrong with the one I had but I will give this one another go.

I have one of these about two months aged waiting for me on my singles shelf. Kind of excited to try it. I hope it goes better for you the second time around!

As for a "try again" stogie... I'd have to say the Quintero Maduro dissapointed me the first time around. However, if and when I see another box I may pick it up and try it again. Mexican wrapper... :confused: Don't really know how I feel about that.

Rocky Patel The Edge Maduro...really knocked my socks off the first one I smoked (which was my second cigar!!) Course, I have sinced learnnot to smoke on an empty stomach. Have two mor with almost 2 months on them. Will give them another shot.

Opus X Chateau.

I let it sit for a year, and it was pretty much lackluster. I may have overhyped it in my own mind, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as it should be. The flavors weren't that intense, and the strength never really picked up. I've got another, gonna light it up on Thanksgiving this year after a Turducken.

When I get to the bottom of the list of all maduros ever made, I might go back and try some of the cigars that let me down. I've been smoking 17-18 years and have just scratched the surface. (I tend to dwell on cigars that I really like for a year or four or eight which slows my quest down quite a bit.)

WyoBob

Cubano Monte Cristo #2

For some reason I was in a funk when at La Casa Del Habano and just did not enjoy IT or the Cognac I had with it.

I had a PAM64 Torpedo and was disappointed. A lot of that is probalby because it was the night of the Colts first game (no focus), I had HUGE expectations, and I had it for about a month before I smoked it so I was over anxious.

I absolutly love the x000's Maduros, so I feel the Padron family at the very least deserves my goofy ass to try it again.

Back