What cigar is this?

MikeyC

SilverBack
About a year or two ago I was in Gloucester Street Cigar in Boston and purchased a cigar I enjoyed very much. I haven't been in there in a while (and I heard it might be closed). I'd like to buy more of these cigars, but for the life of me can't recall the name.

I remember the band distinctly though. It had a big "Q" in the middle in white lettering. I think it also said Perfecto (but I think that's a cigar shape right?).

Anyone know what the big "Q" brand is?

About a year or two ago I was in Gloucester Street Cigar in Boston and purchased a cigar I enjoyed very much. I haven't been in there in a while (and I heard it might be closed). I'd like to buy more of these cigars, but for the life of me can't recall the name.

I remember the band distinctly though. It had a big "Q" in the middle in white lettering. I think it also said Perfecto (but I think that's a cigar shape right?).

Anyone know what the big "Q" brand is?

Are you sure it wasn't an "O" for OLIVA

Yup I was also thinking Quorum...2 things though
1. They are far from good (short filler, mild, tasteless) :2
2. They don't make a perfecto.

QUORUM.jpg

What color was the band? Was it paper or a felt like material? Sure it wasn't an "O" because right away I was thinking Oliva too. Any chance it was a house brand?

Yup I was also thinking Quorum...2 things though
1. They are far from good (short filler, mild, tasteless) :2
2. They don't make a perfecto.

QUORUM.jpg
I don't think it was a Quorum. The band did not look like this picture. The "Q" was a totally different font. The band was paper and it was kind of a coral color (sort of pinky/orangy). Some of the sizes came in an individual cedar box that did not have a lid.

No, that's an "O" not a "Q" and the band in the picture looks like fabric and the band I'm referring to was paper.

and all this time I thought it was a "Q" on a paper band

DOH !!!!!!!
I know you're not blind or dumb, but I'm not sure why you posted the picture. I can only guess you didn't read all my posts describing the band. Thanks for trying though. :tu

Anyway, I REALLY want to say the name of the cigar was La Perfecta. But I'm not sure.

Looks like a "Q" to me :confused:

PLA_big1a.jpg
Yup! It's a "Q" all right. I just don't understand why if the name is La Perfecta why they would put a "Q" on the band.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to find these for less than $9 per stick? I did a Google search and didn't come up with that many retailers.

The 'Q' is because Manuel Queseda made this cigar as a house cigar for Two Guys Smokeshop when they were located in Everett, MA. That's all the information that I could find on them.

The 'Q' is because Manuel Queseda made this cigar as a house cigar for Two Guys Smokeshop when they were located in Everett, MA. That's all the information that I could find on them.
Interesting. I think Two Guys is only located in NH now right?

The main shop is on Route 28 in Salem, NH and there is a franchise in Seabrook, not sure of the location. Not a bad run for you, just 128 to 93 and off at exit 1 in Salem.

The main shop is on Route 28 in Salem, NH and there is a franchise in Seabrook, not sure of the location. Not a bad run for you, just 128 to 93 and off at exit 1 in Salem.
Yeah, I mapquested it and they estimate about 1 hour to drive there. Not too bad, but with the cost of gas these days (my car takes premium too :( ) it's probably cheaper to have it shipped if I decide to get a box. I was hoping to pay less than $9/stick though. Oh well! I guess if I want them I'll have to pay.

Back