What cigars are you ageing ?

BigDawgFan

Up Next-Ugly Orange Team
Just got my first wine fridge and two boxes are in route (wow! only a year since I bought my first desktop humidor. Damn this is a slippery slope) and I was wondering what everyone else was buying to age. I'm know everyone's tastes are different and the two boxes I have coming are what I like but I was just wondering and besides this info could be useful for future herf gifts!

I age pretty much anything and everything... I smoek an average of around 150 smokes a year and have 700+ and I can't seem to stop buying... so that tells me I have enough to last 6+ years at my current rate... Of course when I love in a few months I am hoping to find a job closer to home and thus will get over 2 hours a day of travel time back... which means more cigar time... :D

As for what I have long term: Lots of Anejos, a decent amount of Opus, Some hemi mads, a box of 8-5-8 maddies, and lots of Pepin singles (probably 50ish), graycliff singles, and lots of Gurkhas. I am very picky about which Gurkhas I smoke so these are the only ones I like... and I prefer 6 months minimum on them... :tu

I have about 2/3 of a box of '06 RASS that I am trying to age. I just can't seem to keep my stinking paws off them!

DL

It's only been recently that I'v had the OPPORTUNITY to age because I used to buy for the week and smoke 'em.

Right now I have a few cigars with a couple months on them and have 2 hand-rolled Torano casa Tornao's sitting in the bottom of my coolidor from the end of Feb. this year. Hoping to leave them there until next February and see what they taste like.

Just got my first wine fridge and two boxes are in route (wow! only a year since I bought my first desktop humidor. Damn this is a slippery slope) and I was wondering what everyone else was buying to age. I'm know everyone's tastes are different and the two boxes I have coming are what I like but I was just wondering and besides this info could be useful for future herf gifts!

nothing on purpose at this point.. but I do have a few stick thats been in the tropical de humi.. for awhile, like the 80th anni padron and two AF anjeo's.. :tu

A couple of Opus X #2's for myself and a brother, for when we make journeyman linemen (should be 2 more years).

Also, a box of Illusione cg:4's, and a box of Tatuaje Verocu #1's.

Padron 80ths, Soprano Boss, LFD Mysterio Oscuro, LFD DL Puro Chisel Maduro, AF Christmas sampler, Monte #2, Litto Gomez Americano, Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robusto and Belicoso boxes. Along with 3 coffins from the AF Toast across America and several single cigars. What a slippery slope it is!

I am currently aging a couple of CAO Visions. I have had a couple and was very impressed but felt that they needed just a little more time. I wanted to try them again in about 6 months (about 3 more to go).

I am also sitting on about 40 of the original Sinatra's from Filipe Gregorio that have been in my humidor for a couple of years.

Michael

Sorry I have'nt made it to that point yet. I've some cigars with a year on them. But they are the cigars I didn't enjoy as much as the others. I've found no mater how much I didn't enjoy that cigar at the time I smoked It. Just maybe the next time I smoke one I'll like it. Then before ya know It, I'll be smokeing the last one thinking of ordering another box.. I buy cigars to smoke and enjoy now not years from now. Of course, the more you buy the older the other stuff gets. So maybe in a few more years I'll have some aged cigars...
Brian...:tu

A handful of Padilla 1932. These are great to begin with, thought I would see what age does to them. A couple Illusione. Problem is, I can't keep my hands off what im aging. No willpower to resist a good cigar I guess.

All of my cigars get older every day - just like me.

The only full box that I am purposely aging without having smoked any of them is a box of Padron Churchill Maduros.

There's a number of cigars that I had a number of where the first one wasn't very good, so I'm letting the rest sit a bit.

Los Statos DeLuxe Delirios...One of my friends gave me one with what he figures has to be at least 8 years old...the stick tasted absolutely like a very rich yet mellow cup of black tea...

Im ageing Two CAO Sopranos Associate, but one just might get smoked, One CAO Soprano Soldier, One CAO Soprano Boss, One CAO Soprano Tony Soprano Special, One Gurkha Titan, One Gurkha Beast and One Gurkha Centurion.

I made some large purchases back in '99 and still have a box or 2 of the original Hoyo Prensado, original Mac Prince Philip Maduro, Puros Inidios Pyramids, El Rey Del Mundo and a beast from the boom Santa Rosa maduro.

Back