What did you learn in 2007?

Scud

Hairy Knuckle Dragger
I started the year with many hobbies and collections and ended the year retired from paintball and stopped chasing the amateur golfing dreams. I did start to learn a lot more about cigars and my collection has grown by leaps and bounds.

What I learned:

Gifted cigars usually taste better than ones bought by myself.
Not all expensive cigars are good and not all cheap cigars suck.
I moved from mild to full flavor and definately have my favorites: Pepin, Tatuaje, Patel Edges, etc.
Herfs are great places to meet excellent people.
Sending out bombs is awesome :ss

What did you learn this past year?

That Cigar Bid is my best friend and my worst enemy. Total for the year is $6,032 with them.

That Cigar Bid is my best friend and my worst enemy. Total for the year is $6,032 with them.

DAMN!! My wife would have my nuts hanging from her rear-view mirror. Cbid is the devil, incarnate...but I still love it :ss

DAMN!! My wife would have my nuts hanging from her rear-view mirror. Cbid is the devil, incarnate...but I still love it :ss
Thats funny! Stayed away from cbid this year. Been buying from other botl, got my first hemi maduros, anejos, opus x. Looking forward to smoking them after they have had some rest. Also have some new favs to include Pepin, Tatuaje, Olivia serie V.

I learned a 2006 Chevy Impala holds up MUCH better in a crash than I had expected.....and that the good Lord is really watching over me.

LEOinFL

That I really like smoking cigars. Started my journey last July and it has been one of the most enjoyable past times I have ever had. Oddly enough it is not simply for the cigars themselves but rather the entire experience. From cutting to lighting to smoking...add to this good people I have met here and it is just one GREAT hobby.:tu

Leaned that I love cigars! Especially when shared with friends. Now riding mostly on the dark side, thank God there is no cbid on this side of the fence!:ss

Now riding mostly on the dark side, thank God there is no cbid on this side of the fence!:ss

AMEN Brother! cbid for the dark side would greatly increase the slope angle

And I learned What Coolers are REALLY for :ss

That I should smoke more Padron 000 series.... They save me lots of money and never let me down.

Here's what I learned:

1. The contents of a full 100qt cooler do not fit in a 28 bottle vinotemp wine coller so you end up having both.

2. The "other" cigars aren't as hard to come by as I first thought and it's a rush making your first order.

3. That I shoudln't have stocked up so fast early in my smoking days b/c now I have a ton of sticks I never smoke.

4. Never check the WTS or retailer section if you're trying to save money. Great deals always to be had from the members here and great retailers.

5. I should buy more Padron 1964 Maduros and bring my cost per stick down by buying a box of Londres maduros with them.

I'll think of more later after some coffee.

Jeff

Back