What do you do....

Troop_lee

SilverBack
What do you do when you cut clip the cigar you planned on smoking tonight (and have been looking forward too) and it cracks the cap and the wrapper starts to peel off.

I picked out a MAXX (the fix) to smoke tonight, I have been waiting to try this since I got it in a bomb. I used my punch (only had it a month, could it be dull alreay??) and it cracked and started to peel off. I light it and took a few puffs and when I took my lips off of it, the wrapper just unrolled. :mad:

So what do you do when this happens, can it be fixed (with what) why did that happen? (humidor RH is good 65% beads).

Thanks

Hey Troop, The exact same thing happened to me with a Tat cabinet, search Tatuaje Cabinet Problem Fixed.

I also heard their is some kind of food grade glue you can buy to fix wrappers. Good luck.

I gut it out. It happens to me when I use a guillotene cutter but now that KASR has introduced me to the V Cutter I have no problems.

Hey Troop, The exact same thing happened to me with a Tat cabinet, search Tatuaje Cabinet Problem Fixed.

I also heard their is some kind of food grade glue you can buy to fix wrappers. Good luck.

"pectin" ... should be able to find it at the local grocery. I need to pick some up, actually ... I've a few in need of slight repair. Thanks for the reminder !!

When the above happens ... I just kinda muddle through it. Does put a bit of a damper on the experience sometimes though.

if you have a cheap punch, then that's probably why it unraveled. I've had this happen to me with a $2 punch I bought as a key chain. I'm not a fan of using a punch because I think the draw is always too tight for my personal preference, but perhaps purchase a really good quality punch...?

"pectin" ... should be able to find it at the local grocery. I need to pick some up, actually ... I've a few in need of slight repair. Thanks for the reminder !!

When the above happens ... I just kinda muddle through it. Does put a bit of a damper on the experience sometimes though.

I have just started using pectin since the MMHII when I was gifted some by Freddy...it has worked like a charm at least twice so far. :tu

i use stuff called "Cigar Dr." or it might be "Dr. Cigar".

Works well....especially for everything Pepin makes that unravels.

I know I have read somewhere not to wet the cap before you cut it, but before I was educated by you guy i always lightly wet the cap with my tongue and then used my punch..never had an issue with the cap peeling though I have had it unravel other places along the cigar. So take this newbs :2 with a grain of salt...

Shawn

Back