What does "Fuerte" mean with regards to types of cigars?

nuke999

I'm just gettin started
Please help a newb. It seems that Olor and Griffins have just fuerte cigars where as Sancho Panzo has some sort of "extra" fuerte. Now Indian Tabac has a "super" fuerte cigar which must mean that it has developed some sort of mutant strain of fuerte that makes it more that just fuerte or even extra fuerte. So what the heck is fuerte anyway? Is it a secret part of the leaf that only these cigars have? Are they working on a Super-Duper Fuerte? Can it be the thing that wakes the next Steven Spielberg Movie Monster?

So far I have managed to hide from fuerte. Since I am human I must fear and ridicule that which I don't yet understand. Please hairy knuckled brothers, enlighten me.:confused:

Fuerte in Spanish means strong. I suppose its used alot of the time as a marketing tactic, but in daily conversational use it is used to describe something being powerful or strong.

Hope that helps.

Please add me to the mailing list when they come out with the Super Duper Fuente please. :rolleyes:

Please help a newb. It seems that Olor and Griffins have just fuerte cigars where as Sancho Panzo has some sort of "extra" fuerte. Now Indian Tabac has a "super" fuerte cigar which must mean that it has developed some sort of mutant strain of fuerte that makes it more that just fuerte or even extra fuerte. So what the heck is fuerte anyway? Is it a secret part of the leaf that only these cigars have? Are they working on a Super-Duper Fuerte? Can it be the thing that wakes the next Steven Spielberg Movie Monster?

So far I have managed to hide from fuerte. Since I am human I must fear and ridicule that which I don't yet understand. Please hairy knuckled brothers, enlighten me.:confused:

The following is my opinion made in fun. However, given that taste is a matter of opinion, I do stand by the last sentence.

Fuerte - Avoid this cigar.
Extra Fuerte - Stay as far away from this cigar as possible.
Super Fuerte - Don't even go into a shop that sells these.

These cigars are made so that the "atomic hot sauce" crowd that has damaged their taste buds beyond repair can still smoke a cigar and know that something is happening in their mouth. I have yet to have a cigar that has "fuerte" anywhere in the name taste good.

Thanks one and all for the education. I must apologize for only addressing "my hairy knuckled brothers". I know there are many hairy knuckled sisters whose knowledge I could benefit from. Humblest apologies.

The following is my opinion made in fun. However, given that taste is a matter of opinion, I do stand by the last sentence.

Fuerte - Avoid this cigar.
Extra Fuerte - Stay as far away from this cigar as possible.
Super Fuerte - Don't even go into a shop that sells these.

These cigars are made so that the "atomic hot sauce" crowd that has damaged their taste buds beyond repair can still smoke a cigar and know that something is happening in their mouth. I have yet to have a cigar that has "fuerte" anywhere in the name taste good.

Thanks Punch, I have found the same issue with "fuerte" cigars. They remind me of the "extreme" marketing happening nowadays with just about everything. From the few "fuertes" I have smoked, I have found that they have very high levels of nicotine but taste-wise are not nearly as good as their regular counterparts.

There are plenty of full-bodied cigars that are not advertised as "fuerte" and taste delicious. Tatuaje is a good example, as are Camachos.

I can see the marketing now... "Sancho Gregorio Sanchez super-fuerte diademas - when you want to smoke hard and :pu harder!"

Back