What have I done???

RevSmoke

Evolving Lead Gorilla
OK, with all the talk about CFO, I got an itch I needed to scratch. So, I got one of my local cigar-smoking buds - a newbie here - to go halves with me on an order.

1 wheel of 50 - Special #7 Reserva Gran Belicoso
1 wheel of 50 - Barb's Choice Box Press Robusto

They arrived today.

Then, Rob does his thing over at Taboo and has a sale and a discount and so I placed an order there too - some Short Stories, AF Chateaus (SG), and a few Oliva V Double Toros.

Thankfully, I just finished my taxes, and my first tax payment is going to be less - as what little bit I got back I applied to my first payment. So, I did have a bit to play with....

Not anymore.

Looks like you did pretty good. Some nice premiums from Taboo and some excellent everyday smokes from CFO. If you actually do the math, I bet it works out to less than $1.50 a stick. Not bad. I just hope you got a cooler!:tu:ss

Sound like you did pretty good!!!

We could always set up a trade. I'm a sucker! I'll probably trade you some expensive stuff for your CFOs!!! And I don't charge for tax or shipping!!!:chk

It looks like you are taking your first step down the slope. Be carefull, that first step is a doozie.

It looks like you are taking your first step down the slope. Be carefull, that first step is a doozie.

First step? HAHAHA!!!! No, just first step this year.

For the past 15 years, as a Pastor, I pay all my own taxes (Soc. Sec. @15.8%, Fed., & State) on a quarterly basis - as do all self-employed people do. I usually guess pretty well, and when I file my taxes, I am usually good for a refund of a couple hundred that I put toward my 1st federal payment and maybe $50 overpayment in state toward my first payment.

My wife started teaching full-time this year - and what she had withdrawn kind of upset my delicate calculations. Not on the federal side, but on the state. After using a portion of my refund to pay ***ALL*** my first state payment (first and the last time that will happen), I had almost $150 left. I thought I'd help the economy and spend it - CFO and Taboo get to split it - and then a little more.

Yes, I told my wife. She just rolled her eyes and said, "What are you going to do with them all? That's just money gone up in smoke."

Ah, yes, but what delectable smoke it is.

As for the slope, well, I'll spend that now. Don't hold your breath waiting for my next purchase...

...so he says today...

My cigar and fishing tackle purchases usually happen when I honorariums. There are usually two events in the life of a parishioner by which the pastor gets honorariums... In the life of a small parish pastor, those events don't happen all that often. And I don't pray for them to happen more often.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Hehe Todd has been smoking cigars for a while. As I can attest from the yellow cello Punch I received in his NST with me.

Nice pickups Todd!! :tu

Money gone up in smoke? Well shoot when you eat that is just food gone up in ummmmm.......... My dog doesn't complain about my cigar spending except I think she is expecting a side of beef next time I go dog food shopping. :ss

Hehe Todd has been smoking cigars for a while. As I can attest from the yellow cello Punch I received in his NST with me.

Nice pickups Todd!! :tu

Money gone up in smoke? Well shoot when you eat that is just food gone up in ummmmm.......... My dog doesn't complain about my cigar spending except I think she is expecting a side of beef next time I go dog food shopping. :ss

You think that one is yellowed? On Nov. 15, 1994 - I put two AF Chateau Fuentes in a ziplock, after putting labels on them with the specifics of my first son - date/height/weight/full name. They will reside in that baggie in my humidor until 11/15/2012, at which time I will remove them and have a cigar with my son. Yes, he's seen them.

Did the same thing with a couple of Punch Super Rothschilds (no longer made) on Jan. 15, 1997 when my second son was born. Will be repeated when he turns 18.

Now there is a cigar that I really miss, the Punch Super Rothschild.

I don't have many cigars anymore with cellos that are browned like that Punch. I do have some older cigars - maybe a half dozen, but they're pretty much gone now.

Back