What is the best air purifier so I can smoke in my own home I bought and paid for??

Cigary

Gorilla
Yes, it is getting too damn cold here and I'm sick and tired of smoking outside with a blanket and a flask,,,,this is 2007,,,we've put men in the moon for crying out loud,,,surely there has to be an air purifier out there that meets the needs of being able to pull smoke from the air and leave the room smelling great afterwards,,,I'll never make it this winter without being able to smoke all of my "boys" in the humidor,,,,please don't tell me about these industrial fans and purifiers that cost more than my first born,,,I need something in the $100-$200 area,,,,just for my study that is about 12x14,,,,,HELP ME!!!!!

:hn

Yes, it is getting too damn cold here and I'm sick and tired of smoking outside with a blanket and a flask,,,,this is 2007,,,we've put men in the moon for crying out loud,,,surely there has to be an air purifier out there that meets the needs of being able to pull smoke from the air and leave the room smelling great afterwards,,,I'll never make it this winter without being able to smoke all of my "boys" in the humidor,,,,please don't tell me about these industrial fans and purifiers that cost more than my first born,,,I need something in the $100-$200 area,,,,just for my study that is about 12x14,,,,,HELP ME!!!!!

:hn

I have had the same problem and have tried many different "purifiers" you get at Home Depot. The object, I found, was to get a good exhaust system. If you have a window, that's great. I use a dual window fan you can get at Target for like $30. This removes all the smoke. I picked up a cheapo air purifiers that does the work nicely and some scented candles. The biggest challenge is finding something that removes the smoke AND the odor. I haven't found anything to do that, so the exhaust system works for me. Good luck! :tu

I have had the same problem and have tried many different "purifiers" you get at Home Depot. The object, I found, was to get a good exhaust system. If you have a window, that's great. I use a dual window fan you can get at Target for like $30. This removes all the smoke. I picked up a cheapo air purifiers that does the work nicely and some scented candles. The biggest challenge is finding something that removes the smoke AND the odor. I haven't found anything to do that, so the exhaust system works for me. Good luck! :tu

thx for the tip,,,but I have two left hands and need something less labor intensive,,,like a power cord with a magic wand at the end to clean the air,,,,

boonedoogle's set up, is just like mine, it works well. I let the fan run for an hour or so after smoking, spray a little fabreeze, burn a scented candel, this seems to take care of it. I sit right next to the window while smoking, resting the ashtray on the windowsil... the key is getting as much smoke out of the room as possible. The double fans are made to fit in a window, no need to be an engineer, plug and go.

Here's a solution that could work out for you AND your wives. . . scented candles (I use ones from Yankee candle) not just one but 3, 4 depending on the size of your room. Kight them just before you smoke and let then bur for about 30-45 min after you stop. . . makes the house smell great and burns off the cigar smell. Cheaper than an air purifier. Just my :2

Just one of those in/out fans from wal-mart should do the trick. If all else fails follow these fool proof methods below.

1. Crack a window.

2. Smoke the stogie.

3. Let it air out for about 2 hours.

4. Enjoy the fresh air.

5. Tell anyone that doesn't like the smell, too bad so sad. :tu

I have a similar set-up to some of the other guys who posted in this thread.

I have one of the double fan window units. I keep it in a closet and put it in when Im going to smoke. Secondly, I have a large fan on a base that I set up in the back end of the room on top of a chair so its off the floor (its a small bedroom in our apartment that is the guestroom/office), toward the window.

After Im done smoking I wait 5 minutes, then immediately take the cigar butt and throw it in an old plastic bag or ziploc, whatever I happen to find in the recycling bin (getting the butt out of the room ASAP is key Ive found).

I let the big fan run until I go to sleep, and leave the window fan on with one blowing in and one blowing out on all night and turn it off in the morning. Keep in mind I do most of my smoking on the weekend around 11 PM or so when I say I leave the fan on all night its really from about 2 AM to 7 or 8 or so.

Anyway, this system works well...the odor doesn't stick and guests don't even notice it.

Like omst said... exhaust fan. Get rid of the smoke and the residual smell is easy to deal with. I like Fabreeze and a candle. An ozone generator is best for residual smells but can get expensive.

I smoke inside because I like to. There is nothing like laying on the couch with a stogie and a scotch while watching a movie. Lite a cigar and tell anyone that complains to stop ruining your cigar.

If you can't bring your self to go high tech or light scented candles you may want to look into a Lampe Berger. (Link)
They're a bit on the pricy side, but you'll certainly impress the missus with one of there great looking items that do wonders for eliminating odours.

Jenn-Air cooktop/stove. the vents are outstanding and suck ALL odors out of the air. sit near your stove, fire up the vent and puff away and exhale toward the vent, of course. warning - don't hold the cigar too close to the vent as it will actually affect the burn.

I smoke inside because I like to. There is nothing like laying on the couch with a stogie and a scotch while watching a movie. Lite a cigar and tell anyone that complains to stop ruining your cigar.

:tpd: except for the scotch part :pu sorry.

boonedoogle's set up, is just like mine, it works well. I let the fan run for an hour or so after smoking, spray a little fabreeze, burn a scented candel, this seems to take care of it. I sit right next to the window while smoking, resting the ashtray on the windowsil... the key is getting as much smoke out of the room as possible. The double fans are made to fit in a window, no need to be an engineer, plug and go.

Plug and Play,,,thats how I roll!!!

:tu

Here's a solution that could work out for you AND your wives. . . scented candles (I use ones from Yankee candle) not just one but 3, 4 depending on the size of your room. Kight them just before you smoke and let then bur for about 30-45 min after you stop. . . makes the house smell great and burns off the cigar smell. Cheaper than an air purifier. Just my :2

Willing to try anything this winter,,,just tired of me freezing and hoping they don't find me with a cheap cigar clenched between my teeth!!

:ss

Exhaust fan like the others mentioned - and then I have one of these:

Csonka Air Purifier Click Here

Mine works very well - zero odors later.

Ron

Im liking this unit already just from reading it,,,how long have you had it,,,is it noisy,,,,does it leave a residual smell in the air like some of them do,,,how long does it take to remove the smell out of the room? Your answers may save a life here!!!

I agree with you 200%,,,,,,but she is bigger than I am,,,and I'm still nursing my broken arm

If you can't bring your self to go high tech or light scented candles you may want to look into a Lampe Berger. (Link)
They're a bit on the pricy side, but you'll certainly impress the missus with one of there great looking items that do wonders for eliminating odours.

Very impressive,,,didn't get a price for this unit but if it work and I can impress this woman,,,,,Score!!!!:tu

Back