What is wrong with this cigar?

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
I bought this cigar last week from my B&M, carried it around for an evening and put in my humidor the next morning. With the recent humidity drops, my humidor has been running a bit low (60-62%) but this cigar was near a free CI gel-type humidification unit. There were some small water droplets on the cello. My guess is mold :mad:

I've already torn the humidification element apart and filled it with 65% RH beads.

P1010002.jpg

P1010007.jpg

I have no idea...but I would SMOKE IT!:tu

:r I just did as an experiment cause I didn't want to put it back in my humidor.

The sad thing was that it was a Short Story. It actually tasted alright but just a tad bit sour at the beginning. None of the other cigars near the humidification elements looked like this one so I'm hoping that they're okay.

From the look in the picture, not mold, glue. I've seen high humidity do this before. Perfecto shapes use alot more glue around the foot so they keep thier shape. Just wet it like you would the head before a cut and press it with your fingers, let it dry out and its good to go. Hope this helps.:ss

From the look in the picture, not mold, glue. I've seen high humidity do this before. Perfecto shapes use alot more glue around the foot so they keep thier shape. Just wet it like you would the head before a cut and press it with your fingers, let it dry out and its good to go. Hope this helps.:ss

:tpd: Vegetable gum, used as glue.

Back