What lighter to buy????

4thtry

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I know there've been a couple threads like this that i found in the search but most of them were old....i want to know your opinions now.

My cheapy dollar store lighter just took a crap on me. It was bulky and uncomfortable to carry in my pocket.

I was looking around at what lighters to get, and i see that Lotus and Porsche make some very nice THIN torch lighters. They are however, a bit pricey. I dont mind shelling out the dough as a last resort, but if there's a similar, cheaper alternative i'd rather go that route.

This is the porsche one i've been eyeing up lately.
porsche-design-lighters.jpg

nice torch lighter that is thin & therefore probably comfortable to carry in my pocket.

I dont really need a high dollar lighter, just am looking for something with this design, for maybe a bit cheaper.......any suggestions????

I have found the cheap lighters to be the best. If I lose it or if it breaks nothing lost. I pick up lighters all of the time and the under $15 are by far the best lighters I've got. :ss

I know there've been a couple threads like this that i found in the search but most of them were old....i want to know your opinions now.

My cheapy dollar store lighter just took a crap on me. It was bulky and uncomfortable to carry in my pocket.

I was looking around at what lighters to get, and i see that Lotus and Porsche make some very nice THIN torch lighters. They are however, a bit pricey. I dont mind shelling out the dough as a last resort, but if there's a similar, cheaper alternative i'd rather go that route.

porsche-design-lighters.jpg

nice torch lighter that is thin & therefore probably comfortable to carry in my pocket.

I dont really need a high dollar lighter, just am looking for something with this design, for maybe a bit cheaper.......any suggestions????

Xikar Executive

https://www.vintagechiccigar.com/st...d=128&osCsid=ce1f382d7efd8e1b461b6b823363e8f8

I have gotten a couple things from Vintage and no problems

I love my Xikar torch, its on about its 8 or 9th tank of fuel and one shot every time.

Whatever you do don't buy Colibri

Just my :2

Check the DEVIL, not sure that they have one as thin as those, but I have a selection of bulkier lighters that work really well from there. :2

I did buy a Colibri Firebird for my best friend, it is very slim and nice looking but won't light many more than 4-6 cigars on one refill.
Before everyone strings me up for suggesting Colibri, I have 3 of them +1 I got for my best friend and never had a problem with any of them.

Hope you find a good one. :tu

wow, thanks for all the quick replies. I'll have to check out all the ones you guys mentioned.

that's the problem, if I were to spend $50-100 on a lighter & end up loosing it i'd be so pissed. I'm trying to avoid that & get something just as durable and thin without the porsche/lotus price tag

i just checked out that Ronson's jetlite....must say i like that ALOT. and for only $5 how could i go wrong

I have been using the z-plus insert for my zippo and that worked good except for the fuel running out quite often.

So I finally ponied up and ordered a xikar Havana. Been wanting one of these for months now and figured its as good a time as any...:D

I will post a review after I have used it for awhile...:tu

I have a few nice lighters I keep for special events. But I get my everyday lighters at www.dealextreme.com. I am not affiliated with this site and can only say I have never had any trouble ordering from there. Good Luck:tu

Telling that no-one has recommended a Blazer yet. Although, you did mention you wanted a thin light.

I did a bunch of reading about lighters last month. The bottom line is they all break or quit working. I thought it was interesting that someone whose name I won't mention bought a dozen lighters in the last Blazer Group Buy. I'm gonna check out this Ronson at CVS.

Blazer...

I like mine...

EDIT-
I got 5 or 6 Ronsons meh, I like the fire off the blazer
Only pick up the Ronson when Im going to be drinking and might lose my lighter...

Its all about the blazer pb207 however someone on this board if you search is doing a group buy or something on the porshe design lighters.. you might want to check up on that.. I don't have the link sorry but i recall reading about it..

I got one of the Blazers in the last group buy, and I love it!

It is small, and holds enough fuel to last forever!

Its all about the blazer pb207 however someone on this board if you search is doing a group buy or something on the porshe design lighters.. you might want to check up on that.. I don't have the link sorry but i recall reading about it..

yeah i saw the group buy for it, last call to get in on it was Feb. 29th though:mad:

thanks though

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133340

here you go the porshe designs group buy...
I also did buy the blazer in the last group buy.. amazing... while your waiting you can always go to dealsextreme.com and get their 2.80 torch lighter.. works great and if you lose it , well buy another one or better yet buy like 10 and you'll always have one

You might want to check out the St Dupont Xtend, priced similar to the Lotus and Porches lighters. Mine has never failed me.

Regardless of the lighter you choose using a "Good fuel" can make a big difference. I use Vector it's filtered 5 times, seems to keep those little burners from cloging up. You can find Vector at William Sonoma about 5 dollars a can.

Heads up, the lighter you pictured is a PD1, which is NOT a torch, but is butane powered. The torch version of this lighter is the PD5, which has a slightly different configuration.

I might do another PD Group Buy, but we really need 10 to make it work. Stay tuned...

Back