what should i go with

bigsix89

Newbie in the jungle
:gni was wondering if you guys could tell me the best way to keep just a small quanity of cigars i have a air tight box its a cigar box but i was just wondering if beads or a water pillo would do the trick and if anybody had done this and how long can i keep them like that

the info would be greatly app.:ss

Either will do but the beads would be better. Reason being, they can suck excess moisture out of the air and maintain a certain RH depending on which beads you buy be it 65%, 70%, etc. Hope this helps! :ss

If it's a cigar box, I would doubt it's airtight... therefore I would say a water pillow would be sufficient (for the price). :ss

thank you guys im gonna try it and see what happens i only have about 6 cigars now and i have a damp paper cloth in the box with them so i hope that keeps them for a few days but thanks again

:ss

If you are going to buy beads, you might as well buy a humidor, IMHO. Here is a 15% code from cheaphumidors (4VER-3GX9NA), good through 8/20. Watch out for the slope! :ss

I would def consider getting a humi, because once you start to slip down that slope....it's too late.

yea my dad told me that he was only gonna have a few at first now he has id say close to 2oo or so yea i plan to get one soon just a little on low end with money but i really would like to have the space for 50 or 60 when the time comes my wife says no for now so yall know how that goes but thanks for the advice

With the high humidity in Florida you wont have to worry about things drying out too much. Keeping humidity low enough so mold wont grow would be a problem possibly. Put the paper towel in an open ziploc bag, that will allow moisture to escape without the possibility of the wet towel touching your smokes. A cheap snaplock or tupperware might be a better alternative. :2

I would definitely go with beads. They last forever, while water pillows only last about a month or so. I have 65% beads in all 5 of my humi's.

:gni was wondering if you guys could tell me the best way to keep just a small quanity of cigars i have a air tight box its a cigar box but i was just wondering if beads or a water pillo would do the trick and if anybody had done this and how long can i keep them like that

the info would be greatly app.:ss

You really should consider beads + some platstic container. It's a very inexpensive way to store cigars and when you out grow them (and you will), the plastic containers can easily be used for more "traditional" storage needs.

I've been *cough*borrowing*cough* a few of these:

http://www.sistemaplastics.com/klip+it/klip+it+storage?pid=14

From my wife. The largest one (7 litre) are perfect for storing 60+ cigars with room enough for beads and they are essentially pack it and forget it kind of storage.

They don't seem overly expensive, I think my wife said the largest ones were around $15 a piece. And the rubber seals on them ensures they have a virtually air tight seals on them.

The only thing missing would be little pieces of spanish cedar to act as seperators (although, I'm not sure if that really necessary).

One more vote for tupperware for cheap storage. Get some beads and pick up a few MT cigar boxes from your B&M to use as trays or break them up and line your container with them and you should be good to go. Hope this helps and good luck!

Back