What the?????

God

Lowland Gorilla
Don't think I have ever seen one of these... let alone someone using one...

Cuaba Smoking Cap

reminds me of the Moose Lodge cap that my dad wore. I'll have to try and see if I can find one for Frank..LOL

I think I saw Ricky wear one once on I Love Lucy. Maybe we should have some made up with the Club Stogie logo on them?

Used about 100 years ago in smoking clubs and rooms to keep cigar smoke out of the hair. Also used with smoking jacket, which was much more like the modern tuxedo back then than what Hugh Hefner wears today.

I MUST have one of those...anyone know where I can get a smoking jacket too? I'm trying to adopt a look similar to the January 1901 issue of GQ... :D

By the way didn't Nigel Bruce wear one of those in one of the ols Sherlock Holmes movies? If not him surely someone with similar looks and body type in and old movie.

I will be the odd man out and say Id really love to have one of those and Id wear it proudly. I love wierd stuff like that...especially if it means embarassing the hell out of my wife. I can picture it now, sitting out on the back deck on a frigid Connecticut winter night with my cap on, smoking a Padron 26.

Id be styling... :cool:

Only if I was alone - with no chance of anyone seeing it - what a wierd looking cap - I guess there is no accounting for taste.

I seen those on Happy Days. Howard Cunnigham wore it to his lodge meetings.

Also Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble wore them to their lodge meetings.

They go way back.

RPB67 said:
I seen those on Happy Days. Howard Cunnigham wore it to his lodge meetings.

Also Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble wore them to their lodge meetings.

They go way back.
What they wore to lodge meetings was a Fez...it's different...it's usually made of a stiffer material, is more peaked, and is taller than a smoking cap...

Neuromancer said:
What they wore to lodge meetings was a Fez...it's different...it's usually made of a stiffer material, is more peaked, and is taller than a smoking cap...
Yeah... I have a Fez around somewhere unless the rats ate it... LOL!

illuminatus said:
Kinda looks like what Morocco Mole used to wear (he was Secret Squirrel's side kick!)
I'd forgotten all about that! :r

Frank I feel your pain. With any luck Anita won't find one. Anita if you do we want pics :r

Back