What to do? What to do?

Syekick

Chairy Hestbeater
My older brother (rare cigar smoker) gifted me with two bundles he picked up at the AF base. He proudly presented me with bundles of Quorum (about 4 3/4 X 42) and Moya (5 1/2 X 38). I'm retired Navy and know that each bundle costs about $18. I thanked him, told him my preferences, and smoked one of each while he was here last weekend. Told him they were OK, but not favorites. He said do with them as I pleased. I won't see him again for months so what I do with them doesn't really matter.

I'm thinking mulch for the garden. (Poor garden....) So, what should I do with them?
:confused:

well, if you've got a bit of extra room in the humi or (better yet) cooler, why not try to let them sit a while and see if they get any better? It's not like they'll get any worse with a year or so on them.

And, now that you've mentioned it, i've been wondering about the benefits of using cigars (well, cigar nubs, actually) to fertilize a garden as well. Maybe the concentration of minerals such as magnesium and potassium in the tobacco would help the surrounding plants. It'd be well worth an experiment, in my opinion.

Well if they are not dog rockets then may I suggest sending them to the troops?

Of course if they are truly awful then just chuck 'em.

Great when mowing the lawn and your are chewing the cigar to death anyway, doesn't hurt to throw it early.

I see to have read here that Military Persons seems to like smokes you could give them away better them then the garden.

I also think there are a couple of newbs (n00bs) that would stand to benifit from a 3 pack or each of those. If this is the way you are going I would be happy to paypal you some cash to cover the shipping. Maybe run the first 5 newbie (newbies to cigars) to pm get a 3 pack of each to try. You supply the smokes I will give you $$ for shipping.

The opprotunites are endless. Or use them as lincoln logs the possibilities...

I've had a Quorum gifted to me, nothing I would buy, but not nasty.
Some enjoy them, I think they might be enjoyed by the troops.

Last months Smoke magazine rated the Quorums at a 9.2 (they rated the torpedo). They also rated the OWR corojo the same 9.2. In the same issue, the Bolivar Inmensas only got a 8.8. This means, the Quorum is better than a Cuban Boli! You should trade those babies.:D:r

Last months Smoke magazine rated the Quorums at a 9.2 (they rated the torpedo). They also rated the OWR corojo the same 9.2. In the same issue, the Bolivar Inmensas only got a 8.8. This means, the Quorum is better than a Cuban Boli! You should trade those babies.:D:r

Thats INSANE kinda makes ya wonder about their whole review process. How is that possible :c ???

I had a Quorum.....Once...:pu

Send them to the troops. They will appreciate the gift while serving in a combat zone. There are two stickies about this at the top of this forum.

And, now that you've mentioned it, i've been wondering about the benefits of using cigars (well, cigar nubs, actually) to fertilize a garden as well. Maybe the concentration of minerals such as magnesium and potassium in the tobacco would help the surrounding plants. It'd be well worth an experiment, in my opinion.

BAD IDEA. Tobacco leaves (even in cigars and cigarettes) can carry the tobacco mosaic virus and will spread through your garden and infect both flowers and vegetables. It can be a serious problem.

-Ken

keep a copuple in the humi so if your brother asks if you still have any you can look appreciative by having kept part of his gift, send the rest to the troops if they're not dog rockets.

BAD IDEA. Tobacco leaves (even in cigars and cigarettes) can carry the tobacco mosaic virus and will spread through your garden and infect both flowers and vegetables. It can be a serious problem.

-Ken

So tobacco is bad for us, bad for the environment, it transmits disease too!

What's not to like. Those things would have driven my parents crazy.

Nevermind, I outlived them. ;)

My older brother (rare cigar smoker) gifted me with two bundles he picked up at the AF base. He proudly presented me with bundles of Quorum (about 4 3/4 X 42) and Moya (5 1/2 X 38). I'm retired Navy and know that each bundle costs about $18. I thanked him, told him my preferences, and smoked one of each while he was here last weekend. Told him they were OK, but not favorites. He said do with them as I pleased. I won't see him again for months so what I do with them doesn't really matter.

I'm thinking mulch for the garden. (Poor garden....) So, what should I do with them?
:confused:
Unless they are gawd awful give them to the troops.

Back