Votes: 66 35.3%
  • Machine Made Cuban

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Hand Made Cuban

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • Other - Please explain

Votes: 12 6.4%

• Total voters
first cigar was some coffee flavored machine made i got from a friend. couple of weeks later i smoked my first hand-rolled......a henry clay that was given to me by my dad's friend. i was like 15 years old at the time.

floydp said:
Either a Garcia Vega or Dutch Master 30 plus years ago...
Hahaha... When I posted this I thought about the fact that some of us would have a hard time remembering that first cigar many, many years ago!!!

Los Owls Blancos .... Invincibles if my memory serves me.

Post No. 2000 on Los Owls Blancos? Yikes .....

Oh yeah... I think mine was probably a Swisher... but I really don't remember other than the fact that it was almost 100% a machine made domestic...

my very first was a fuente - on the golf course - my brother gave it to me - many, many years ago

i never think of them as premies but flavored Tatinas (rolled by La Aurora) were my 'smoke' the first year or too (eh i didnt like my brothers Al Capones)

My first was a Garcia y Vega. When a fellow Golfer saw me smoking the Garcia Vega he gave me a Montesino and told me never to smoke a machine made cigar again. I have not smoked a machine made one since.

My first cigar was 40 years ago when I was 11. On a trip from Ohio to Florida before I 75 existed there used to be many, many souvenir and gift shops all along the road, most run by Cherokee indians. At one of these roadside shops they had a 12 inch long and about 128 ring gauge cigar I just had to have. My dad finally allowed me to buy it after begging incessantly. That bad boy was way too dry, but I fired it up. Tasted not too horrible for the first inch but then suddenly turned into the worst :BS I have ever tasted. My Dad tried a puff or two at this point and about gagged. We tore that cigar apart and found tobacco on each end for the first inch. The entire rest of the cigar was filled with sawdust. No wonder it tasted so bad. I will never forget that first cigar.

Swisher sweet and then my first what I considered real cigar was a hand rolled Casa blanca man that cigar was nasty. Still are IMO.

I'm thinking that I should have split this poll...

One for guys who have been smoking for over 5 years (or possibly older than 30) and another for everyone who has been smoking for less than 5 years (or younger than 30). I'm just guessing that for most of us "old guys" it would be one of the first option and for the younger guys more chance it was a either a hand made domestic or Cuban...

By domestic I take it you mean any Non Cuban? Well my first memorable cigar was of Dominican descent. Beyond that I never knew more except that it was Strong! I asked for it that way. I bought it at a Tobacconist on 53rd St. under the train stop. I don't think he is still there unfortunately.

When I was about 13 my friend and I stole two cigars from a box in his dad's study. I can't remember the brand. It was disgusting!
Years later we confessed, his dad told us no wonder they were gross, he had them sitting on the shelf unhumidified since he had graduated from medical school nearly twenty years earliar. :pu Yuck.

Teamo.

I dont know what one it was. It was a biggie though.

My dads friend smoked them and he gave it to me. It was all down hill from there.

Back