What would interest you?

The Rodster

ChestBeater
Guys (and girls?),

I have an opportunity to write some short articles for the UK edition of a very famous men's magazine and I need to forward some ideas to the editor for him to approve prior to me producing the full article.

Whilst I have plans up my sleeve, as passionate cigar smokers I would be interested to hear from you as to what type of article you would be interested in reading in a magazine.

Any ideas from across the sea?

The Rodster

PS ISOM rewards for any published ideas!!

As a writer, myself, I have lots of ideas, though they may not appeal to you. You say you`re writing for a UK mag and asking us over in the states (and some from other countries too probably). Why not take a short poll, do some research, and find how people from different countries/areas ideas of a good smoke or good brand differ. Personally, that`s something I wouldn`t mind reading.
Just my 2 pence worth,
Skyler

I'd like to see several things in a smoking magazine:
1.) I'd love to see more interviews from the growers of tobacco, mainly the ISOM one's. We never see or get to hear their opinions on anything.
2.) I'd love to see an article done on some of the famous rollers of our time and also in the past. What makes thier rolls great, how they got where they are today, what's the greatest influence in their life....
3.) I'd love to see actors and famous people of our time interviewed about cigars. I know CA used to do this a long time ago and I know I really enjoyed going back and reading about these guys.
4.) I don't want to see a crappy rating system that changes like the wind in your magazine! :)
5.) I'd love to see an article from the agricultural aspect in Cuba. What new techniques are the experimenting with to get tobacco to grow. Basically an inside view of their preparation of the leaf for those of us who can't travel in person to Cuba.

Hope this helps! :7

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-02 AT 04:52 PM (CDT)]didnt he say "a very famous men's magazine"?

I would like to see something about how the industry has changed since Castro took over, and about thier problems and successes.

Yes he did say "men's" magazine but you might want to look at his introduction! "Guys (and girls?),..." Thank you very much!:p

You're just jealous because I know how to dance. Don't hate me because I have a natural talent for shaking my money maker :*

I would probably have to say what would interest me is putting on an article about how the Interet effected the industry durring the boom and after ( if you where to target cigars that is)

Back