What would YOU buy?

SHOE

(__@_______{{{
I'm making a box purchase for my father-in-law at longashes2u.com and may just pick up something for myself. Not going extremely high end, just some casual afternoon smokes for any occassion. What do you all think would be my best choice? Here's what I'm considering:

1) 5 Vegas Type 'A' - Archetype ($65.00 w/free humi @ CI)
2) JdN Antano 1970 Belicoso ($57.75 @ longashes)
3) Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso ($52.80 @ longashes)
4) Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Edition ($61.88 @ longashes)
5) Cusano Corojo 1997 Torpedo ($55.65 @ longashes)
6) Italia Caio ($60.50 @ longashes)

LET ME KNOW. THANKS!

This is just my taste but I would go with #6, but if you were to go that route I would go with the CAO Brazilia Gol. I feel it's a better smoke and it will cost you less for a similiar sized stick. Again just my .02.

SHOE said:
I'm making a box purchase for my father-in-law at longashes2u.com and may just pick up something for myself. Not going extremely high end, just some casual afternoon smokes for any occassion. What do you all think would be my best choice? Here's what I'm considering:

LET ME KNOW. THANKS!

I guess it depends on what you and your father-in law like? The JdN's are little power house's and the CAO Italia's can be too. If you like a dark Coffee or Coco flavor you might like the Onyx Reserves ( I like these) or the Exodus 1959's.

IMO, you can't go wrong with any of these four. I'm not a very big fan of the 5 Vegas or Cusano Corojo's, not bad cigars but just not the flavor's I like.

Well...if you're looking for something full bodied and strong there is the JdN Antano...if you had the same tastes as me...I'd say the Corojo 97 or Torano Exodus.

I got my father-in-law covered. These are for me. I've had them all and just can't decide what I want and wanted to go with the high vote getter. I considered the Gol! too. I have a few singles of all of them but the Exodus. I may ditch them all and go with the Alec Bradley Havana Sungrown.

I think the Torano Silvers are the choice. Good quality smoke with a nice flavor. Not too strong yet not too weak. I have yet to have a bad one and the price is right. I'm probably going to pick up a box to pass out sticks to semi-newbs (Those who have graduated from Macanudos & such). Nice escalation into medium bodied & flavored sticks. I enjoy them highly & always recommend them.

JdN's aslong as you like a kick in balls!!! :r

(refer to my review on these cigars if you dont get it)

The 5 Vegas "A" is a great cigar, full of flavor and very smooth. But the only place you can buy them is at Cigar Bid or Cigars International.

Another one you might consider is the A. Fuente Chateau, a box will run less then $70.00.

Bill

WBill said:
The 5 Vegas "A" is a great cigar, full of flavor and very smooth. But the only place you can buy them is at Cigar Bid or Cigars International.

Another one you might consider is the A. Fuente Chateau, a box will run less then $70.00.

Bill
I second the AF Chat. Been my goto lately.:2

caskwith said:
JdN's aslong as you like a kick in balls!!! :r

(refer to my review on these cigars if you dont get it)

I agree with the JdN's, have to say I prefer them over the Gol's by a wide margin. The AF Chat is also a good choice (and a great value) but a different flavor and strength.

SHOE said:

LET ME KNOW. THANKS!

I'd get the 5 vegas before the Cusanos. The others seem very different in profile so, it would all depend upon what you like. The Antano 1970's are strong; the Torano Exodus are med to full but, complex and will show you a different look throughout the smoke. I had an Italia a few weeks ago, just to see what the hubbub was about with it, and while it was good, it didn't make me bust a nut.

donp said:
the Torano Exodus are med to full but, complex and will show you a different look throughout the smoke.
See the review I just posted. I had one today at lunch and didn't notice any real changes, other than I picked up on some notes I haven't noticed in too many other cigars (citrus?) The finish was great. I may get some of these.

SHOE said:
See the review I just posted. I had one today at lunch and didn't notice any real changes, other than I picked up on some notes I haven't noticed in too many other cigars (citrus?) The finish was great. I may get some of these.

Uh doh! My bad dude :( I read your review for the Exodus Silver, in this thread I jumped the gun, and thought it was for the Exodus 1959 :tpd:
But, no matter:D I like the silvers too :)

My preference if I were receiving the cigars would be Italia Caio. I enjoy these full body smokes, but don't get around to having them very often.

If your father-in-law likes full bodied cigars, this would be a fine gift.

:2

Back