What's going on in the Jungle?

mikey202

GO STEELERS!!!!!
:confused: Is it something in the air...are people mad that school is starting and summer is over?I don't know.:confused:

I'm just a newb,I consided myself somewhat of a smart-ass,saying things tongue-n-cheek,ect.Most of the time my comments are in jest. I think most of the gorrillas fall in this catagory.

It's sad that people are at each others throats and F.O.G.'s are getting pissed off and leaving,people trying to make good and being called a pussy,ect.WTF?!!!

Am I being overly sensitive or is something changing around here?Or is what is happening just something that has been long overdue?

Just wondering.

A little bit upset..I start Grad school monday....I need 1 more summer, 1 more herf, 1 more of about everything before I would really feel ready...but I know its inevitable....everythings cool though.

I am doing great, but school starts and I will have to get all of this AP stuff ready for the students. This year is going to be a ton of work, which is going to mean I am in need of more downtime with the wife and my smokes. But secondly, what the hell do you care how I am doing, so f off. :r

My theory:

A combination of a Full Moon and the women are too tired from back to school shopping.

Testosterone overload!

Dunno...seems like we go thru something like this every 6 months. Maybe from our kids stressing us out about going back to school? maybe summer ending?

Hopefully we don't permanently lose any good FOGS over this. would be a shame. Some great guys on this board.

Last edited:
JPH said:
A little bit upset..I start Grad school monday....I need 1 more summer, 1 more herf, 1 more of about everything before I would really feel ready...but I know its inevitable....everythings cool though.

I don't have a clue what you are talking about but....... I think mikey202 doesn't understand some of the bad words that are being tossed back and forth on some of the political threads.:2

mikey202 said:
:confused: Is it something in the air...are people mad that school is starting and summer is over?I don't know.:confused:

I'm just a newb,I consided myself somewhat of a smart-ass,saying things tongue-n-cheek,ect.Most of the time my comments are in jest. I think most of the gorrillas fall in this catagory.

It's sad that people are at each others throats and F.O.G.'s are getting pissed off and leaving,people trying to make good and being called a pussy,ect.WTF?!!!

Am I being overly sensitive or is something changing around here?Or is what is happening just something that has been long overdue?

Just wondering.
Many seem to forget over time why they came to CS. For me it was enjoyment and to share a common love of the leaf with others. There are always those that carry their poltical and religious baggage with them wherever they go. That is OK in my opinion, just remember to respect evryone's opinions no matter how different from your own. I think some forget that this is supposed to be a fun place and not a boxing ring. Please continue to enjoy CS and continue saying things tongue-n-cheek. Don't let other"s seriousness sour your experience at Club Stogie. These things happen from time to time and are cathartic in nature when they do. Don't let this drag you down or dampen your enthusiasm for enjoying this site. Lets just return to loving the leaf and respecting our brothers and sisters.:2

opusxox said:
Many seem to forget over time why they came to CS. For me it was enjoyment and to share a common love of the leaf with others. There are always those that carry their poltical and religious baggage with them wherever they go. That is OK in my opinion, just remember to respect evryone's opinions no matter how different from your own. I think some forget that this is supposed to be a fun place and not a boxing ring. Please continue to enjoy CS and continue saying things tongue-n-cheek. Don't let other"s seriousness sour your experience at Club Stogie. These things happen from time to time and are cathartic in nature when they do. Don't let this drag you down or dampen your enthusiasm for enjoying this site. Lets just return to loving the leaf and respecting our brothers and sisters.:2
Ditto on every aspect of this post.

opusxox said:

That was beautiful .....and I'm not being sarcastic...very well said!!:D
Mike.

Mikey,
I don't know but I can see exactly what you are referring to.

This place has evolved so, so much in the last year and half or so that I have been around. They say change is good but I don't know. I think like anything that grows and grows fast, quality can sometimes slip.

I think many folks come on the board looking to have a good time and meet folks. A select few come to stir up things a bit. It is that latter that makes things sour at times.

With what has happened in my personal life, these last two weeks have given me a whole different perspective on life. It is much too short. I can't see being upset over what I can't control. I personally love this place and have gotten to personally meet and herf with lots of folks in multiple states. That is what is so cool about CS, aside from learning and sharing knowledge. We just can't let the bad take over the good.

Da Klugs said:
My theory:

A combination of a Full Moon and the women are too tired from back to school shopping.

Testosterone overload!
you're wrong, but it was funny.
expect a post from me on "why" later today.

I'm a newbie, but I try to be respectfull to the FOG's. It may have something to to with the awful reality of the summer coming to an end. :mad:

There's an old saying about not discussing religion & politics with friends. Also, people are just gonna clash from time to time. Our mettle is tested not by how much we fight, or avoid fighting, but by how we forgive each other.

I commented to someone recently that I hit the back button on about half of my posts & end up not posting them. I have about 3500 posts & figure about half of them could offend somebody, so if I hadn't hit the back button that "other" 3500 times, then about 3/4 of my 7000 posts would be offensive. :r

kansashat said:
There's an old saying about not discussing religion & politics with friends. Also, people are just gonna clash from time to time. Our mettle is tested not by how much we fight, or avoid fighting, but by how we forgive each other.

I commented to someone recently that I hit the back button on about half of my posts & end up not posting them. I have about 3500 posts & figure about half of them could offend somebody, so if I hadn't hit the back button that "other" 3500 times, then about 3/4 of my 7000 posts would be offensive. :r

That's just too much math for me this early in the morning...
Cause you know I have to check it and make sure those proportions are correct... ;)

scrapiron said:
That's just too much math for me this early in the morning...
Cause you know I have to check it and make sure those proportions are correct... ;)
Make sure you carry the one though. :D

Politics and religion are touchy subjects to bring up in a large and diverse group such as this.

They are both slippery subjects that can anger people easily.

I have strong feelings on both but I don't feel this is the place to display them. This is my personal opinion and as a new member to this forum I don't wish to offend anybody ...people are entitiled to their own opinion....just don't throw rocks when they don't match yours.:2

(although you can read the line below to see somewhat where I stand):bx

IHT said:
you're wrong, but it was funny.
expect a post from me on "why" later today.

I know. Hope you think about it for a while and reconsider. We live in difficult times. Ones that try our humanity dealing with global issues that seem irresolvable and in a new communications era where "everyone can put their $ .02 in.

This line from the movie The American President always said it best for me...

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

Back