What's your favorite pole?

tchariya

Taters of the Lost Ark
HEH! Got your attention didn't I?

I haven't really had a chance to try any of these barber pole type cigars that seem to be coming onto the market. I know there are ones like the CAO American, Taboo Twist, RP something...

I'd love to see some recommendations so maybe I can fill my humidor with a few choice poles.

So let the innuendos begin!

I have only had the American and the Taboo Twist. Neither made me warm and fuzzy. The Taboo I had was wet though and I was working outside when I had it in the wind so was just a bad experience overall.

I will try the Taboo again this week while in DFW, I will pick you up a couple if you want to try them though.

I will say having an idea of your "profile" I am not sure if you would smoke either of them very often.

I LOVE the Twists! They are one of my favorites, even though I've only had two, I wouldn't mind having them as my first box purchase

I have an America I've been holding, but my plan is to compair that to the Brazilia and Italia, so I have to have them back to back to back days. One day I will try that one.

I have only had the American and the Taboo Twist. Neither made me warm and fuzzy. The Taboo I had was wet though and I was working outside when I had it in the wind so was just a bad experience overall.

I will try the Taboo again this week while in DFW, I will pick you up a couple if you want to try them though.

I will say having an idea of your "profile" I am not sure if you would smoke either of them very often.

I haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on some twists yet. I see my buddy smoking the Americas all the time. Would you guys say mild/medium/full on these smokes....America/Taboo Twist/others?

Had one CAO America wasn't impressed, sure you might remember that one Than. I haven't tried any yet, but I have heard from a few people that the large CAO america anthem that comes in it's own coffin is the best. I would try to find one of those to try.

I hope you guys don't mind if I comment on this one?

Like the Oliva V, I do not care for any of them except for the Lancero. I had given up on the V until I smoked the Lancero. I hate the rg of the Lancero, but it had a very nice flavor unlike the other sizes and I will smoke it again. I was surprised. So, if you try the Taboo Twist Robusto or Churchill and don't like it, I recommend you try the Toro or maybe the Torpedo. I like the Toro the best, but some people like the Robusto, Torpedo and Churchill. I may put up a Twist variety sampler on this next shipment for this reason. We continue to sell out for a reason.
In a test with myself and my local customers, the CAO had no flavor compared to the Twist. I personally could not taste the CAO after I smoked the Twist Toro. It is the most flavorful "barber pole" that I have ever tried. Now, I am not bashing CAO America, some folks like it and that is fine. They are one of my favorite companies to deal with and I believe the America will do very well for them with the folks that like a very mild stick.
My:2
:ss

I hope this helps. There is a waiting list for the Taboo Twist and some folks have prepaid.

America-mild
Twist-med.

Last edited:
I like the Taboo Twist. Smoked the Robusto and Torp and both were good. Haven't tried any others.

the CAO americ potomac I think it was (5x50) it was a true robusto was excellentbut the (6x60) was terrible, Also the Camacho liberty 2007 was good stuff

I have had the America and the Gurkha Dos Capas. The America was my favorite. I think they are very tasty after they sit for a few months. I plan on getting a box to age when I get some money for cigars again.

I've yet to try one of these cigars. Definitely want to get a couple just to have, though. They'll look pretty in the humi if nothing else.

Back