When to send boxes back?

Munkey

Howler Monkey
I recently ordered a couple boxes, well, 7 from a particular vendor. 2 of the boxes are DPG Cubana Vegas. I've smoked sticks from the various boxes and two from one of the CV boxes. The CVs are dry and crackle to the gentle squeeze (from both boxes). The first one started coming apart as I smoked it. The second didn't come apart, but was way harsh. I also think I smoke my first beetle since it snapped and popped at one point on a draw (the end did not blow off as I had heard happens when you smoke a beetle (not sure if that is true)).

So, do I send these two boxes back? Or keep them and hope they get better? Anyone else have boxes of this cigar? Thoughts?

I've been in contact with the vendor. He agreed to take them back if they didn't get better and he said he wouldn't order any more of those cigars. I'm just wanting to make sure that I should send them back. What would cause this? They have been sitting in his humi for a month at 70% before I got them. And my VT is 66-68%.

The real problem is I really wanted these cigars. It's a medium body blend (which DPG is not known for and the reviews are pretty good).

Why take a chance messing around to see if they "get better"?
Send them back and move on. There's way too many good cigars out there to waste five more minutes on those rockets. :tu

Why take a chance messing around to see if they "get better"?
Send them back and move on. There's way too many good cigars out there to waste five more minutes on those rockets. :tu

Ah but they're not rockets though. The DPG CV are fantastic cigars, truly. It sounds more like the vendor didn't have them stored properly, or maybe his supplier.

I'd say send them back and find another vendor. This is a great cigar, don't give up on them.

Ah but they're not rockets though.
I just meant "rockets" in regards to their condition and poor smokability.
I'd be a little afraid to reorder from the same vendor, I may try a different one altogether and see if they have something on the shelf they can look at.
But quite frankly, I'd probably move completely away from that cigar for awhile and try something else.

I'm going to try one out of the second box tonight and see if it's any different. If not, I guess I'll send them both back.

I just meant "rockets" in regards to their condition and poor smokability.
I'd be a little afraid to reorder from the same vendor, I may try a different one altogether and see if they have something on the shelf they can look at.
But quite frankly, I'd probably move completely away from that cigar for awhile and try something else.

I figured that was your meaning :tu. I would have the vendor inspect the box contents before shipping, if you're going to use him again. It's good not to be too hard on the problem, even good vendors get it wrong from time to time. As long as they make it right that's what's important.

Back