Where to buy in Japan and Guam

688sonarmen said:
Can anyone give me any info on where to get cigars in Japan (Yokosuka) and Guam? Thanks.:u
I bought some in Kumamoto Japan last winter, get ready to empty them pockets man! I could not find a decent cigar shop there (plenty of cigarette stands though), but I found a couple of big department stores that had habanos (I thought it was strange). They were legit(actual stores, not some dude wearing a tranch coat selling cigars out of a briefcase), but very expensive. Good luck man

68TriShield said:
How far is Hong Kong?
:r far! Too far for a sailor on shore leave, that's for sure! That would be nice to just stop by Hong Kong though, that's one place I've always wanted to visit, but just haven't had the opportunity yet.

68TriShield said:
How far is Hong Kong?

Mapquest says way too damn far. My geography is poor... I rely on it.

untitled.jpg

Guam is part of the US so ISOMs would be unavailable. Downtown caters to the japanese so there probably won't be much available there either. The AF base and the 2 Navy bases is all standard stuff.

JPH said:
Mapquest says way too damn far. My geography is poor... I rely on it.

untitled.jpg

If you think the star in the center of that map represents Hong Kong, then your mapquest skills aren't that great either, Jeremy. :D

Hong Kong is on the coast.

Hong_Kong_Location.png

I made a huge mistake once. I entered a street address and zip code into MQ. MQ couldn't find the address, so it placed a star in the center of the zip code. I didn't notice the warning mssage and I was driving around cursing MapQuest for nearly an hour. I think they've updated the interface since then to make the warning message more prominent.

Last edited:
688sonarmen said:
Can anyone give me any info on where to get cigars in Japan (Yokosuka) and Guam? Thanks.:u

In Tokyo, go to Cigar Club. Nice selection in a meticulously maintained walk-in humidor and a couple very nice young ladies to help you with your selection. Prices are high, but I doubt you will find much cheaper in Japan.

I would avoid the cigar shop in the Yokosuka (Daiei) mall, as the 2 cigars I purchased there were poorly stored and one was beetle infested. :mad:

Have fun in "the Honch"! :al

Send a PM to Par. He has spent work time in Japan. I seem to remember him saying cigars were expensive in Japan, but could be remembering it wrong.

GOAT LOCKER said:
In Tokyo, go to Cigar Club. Nice selection in a meticulously maintained walk-in humidor and a couple very nice young ladies to help you with your selection. Prices are high, but I doubt you will find much cheaper in Japan.

I would avoid the cigar shop in the Yokosuka (Daiei) mall, as the 2 cigars I purchased there were poorly stored and one was beetle infested. :mad:

Have fun in "the Honch"! :al

Thanks Chief, looks like I'll be bringing my own!

Back