where to set the cigar down?

[OT] Loki

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Today I was smoking at an out door cafe and I ran into the rather annoying problem of where to set the cigar down between puffs. I was smoking an oliva serie G "special g" which is 3.75" long and a 46ish RG. While I was provided an ashtray I didn't have any way to rest the cigar. I was wondering if any of the other gorillas here had a solution to this problem.

also I'm in the need for butane...where I should I go to get the good stuff for a deal? my b&m has "king" butane for $7 for a rather large container.

Thanks guys

Reactions: RJT
I have seen pics of carboard cigar holders that would probably suit your needs, but I can't remember the source... Maybe try the cigarmony website. I'm sure that if anyone carries that sort of thing Mark will have it. - edit - just looked & didn't find anything... sorry.

I restocked on butane just recently & found that the Williams-Sonoma in my local mall had a can of Vector (5X refined) for $6

Cheers :ss

Last edited:
thanks for the tip on the butane. I don't have a WS around here so I'll hit up the local out door shop and see whats up there.

I did use the cutter for a while but it got to the point where I was worried about burning the cutter with the cigar.

When I smoke at a bar w/o cigar ashtrays I take two cigarette ashtrays, push them together, and make a landing spot. As I smoke I push the ashtrays closer together. Seems to work.

Viper at Heartfeltindustries sells the cardboard holders. I use them when I smoke at work. They actually work very nice and are rather inexpensive.

I often balance the cigar on the side of the ashtray.

Now that I have a Palio, I'll be using that, but I might buy a proper little cigar stand sometime.

4545.jpg

With my next order from my usual cgar merchant, I'm ordering one of these. Only £3.99.

Vector Quintuplus (quintuple refined) butane is about what you're paying for King but very, very clean burning. :2

The Palio Cutter makes a great rest.

You can also buy the cardboard stands from Heartfelt or Ron Cs site.

I remember seeing something somewhere about a metal/stainless version of the cardboard holder. Bit more permanent and almost exact same design. Can anyone help on this? Think it was German made.

- Garilla

sometimes i take off the cigar band and place it inside the ashtray to serve as a stand, works pretty good with smaller shallow ashtrays

Back